Thread: Weihrauch HW45 Grips

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    tomgriffin is offline I just have the empty tin...
    Quote Originally Posted by cfraser View Post
    ^ That's a decent price for sure. You sure that's not a .22 barrel? .25 would really suck IMO in this gun...

Grips are personal, nobody can tell you, that's why I bought a bunch to try them. Sounds like you'd like the HW45 Silver Star grip, much more "anatomical" (won't fit your gun). If you end up liking your gun, maybe the SS could be a future choice. No wooden anatomical grip is cheap these days.

If the gun was mine, I'd put 6mm grub screws in the tapped holes. I always do that...keeps crap out and looks more finished. I hate tapped holes for attachments I don't have...
    It is definately a .25, apparently the original owner (the guy I bought the pistol from) only had the option of either a .177, .22 or .25 so he opted for a .177 and a spare .25 barrel

I haven't tried the .25 cal barrel and probably never will....I much prefer .177 .....Again I agree about the hole situation, hopefully we have some grub screws at work

All the best,
    Tom
    If you choke a smurf, what colour does it turn?
    We Are Tottenham! Super Tottenham! We Are Tottenham From The Lane!

I have the Pachmayr wrap-around finger groove grip on my HW45. As Craig mentioned, there is a small notch in the front right side of the grip. This notch is for the mag release button. I used black tape to cover it up.

http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e2/airpics7/HW45b.jpg

http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e2/airpics7/HW45a.jpg

Cheers,
    Todd

I recently bought a set of Pachmayr and Hogue grips from Midway's UK website. I probably paid more than I would have done direct from the US but there were no hassles. I tried both and kept the Hogue as it suited my small hands better. The Pachmayr sold here in seven minutes....

There used to be an official shoulder stock for the HW45 so I suspect the holes in yours are to take that.

Jonathan

You can get the grips for the 45 from Chamberseach grip cost just over £30.00 plus post

The original stock fitted with a single bracket fitted by the two grip screws. Used to have one. Now have a Ginb stock which Antonio kindly designed and made for me.