Thread: stirling hr81 for sale

edbear2 Guest

stirling hr81 for sale

For sale...stirling hr81 .22 cal.....vg overall, blue is 95% plus and very bright with a few light marks, stock has one or two marks but otherwise excellent, shoots well and is consistant at 11.5 fpe/600 fps...smooth cocking, little used gun...bad point(s)...has been fitted with sling swivels...done well but has been drilled through cocking lever (duh!)...not advised to carry like this!...and forsight unit / cocking lever retaining thingy is different to a beeman I have seen...dont know if this is a mod, but the cocking lever snaps in securely and is very positive......many pics at;
    www.flickr.com/photos/31228487@N07/2926602745/

asking £170 posted or will deliver to 60 miles of malvern, worcs., for the same price as prefer not to trust to post office.

any stirling experts please feel free to post your thoughts on any of the above to aid potential purchasers if you think I have made any mistakes..will also put this in sales in case this is not the right place!

Norwich 'A Fine City' (unless you're a driver)
    Great guns! A piece of British hitory and ranks as one of the best engineered sever made, all solid steel. This looks to me like an early one with the slightly longer stock (there was an even earlier vesion witha shorter stock). Sterling made almost endless versions of this gun, with variation occurig on a regular basis.

Whats the serial number?

This one is alos a a bagain price. Were it an HR83 I'd buy it, but have a bump on me!

edbear2 Guest

Smile

Thank you for that, the serial no. is 3954....please do have a look at the pictures, they dont really do it justice in my opinion, but I am super critical in describing anything I sell as I have, like many I suspect traveled many times to look at that "mint" gun that ended up being a car boot quality one!....have been selling my 70's / 80's gun collection to finance buying some pre war guns, and this is one of the last.....if no luck here I may scope it and use it for HFT as I think it will suprise a few people who have not seen one in action.

I saw this gun at leicester, and it is a very good example of what in my opinion is a very underrated gun from a great british maker. Even the sling swivel mod is very well done, and should not weaken the underlever much at all.
    Sterlings are known for the quality of their materials, and I would get this if I didnt have four already.
    I brought two of mine up to Leicester to shoot and they caused a fair bit of interest.

Have a bump on me for a great british rifle!!

Good luck with the sale

Lakey

edbear2 Guest

Thumbs up

Hi lakey, thanks for that mate, didn't realise you had come so far on the day...you must be nuttier (in the nicest possible way!) than most of the other nutty people who I had fun with that day...total nutcase award for the day of all the great chaps I met was Ian (rivington riflemen)!!!...really looking forward to seeing what the rest of his crew are like if they are all like him...I still have a chuckle to myself whenever I see anything FT related in articles etc., I just cant get the vision of him picking up dropped pellets on the shooting line to use, and his stock crib sheet out of my head.

ATB to you both, Eddie

edbear2 Guest

Red face last chance bump

bump please......have found a fair priced mtc viper to go on this, so will leave on till end of the week, then It will be no longer for sale as will be used this winter.....really is a nice, little used gun, but I know the climate at the moment is not the best to say "look what I have just bought dear"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HI, I would like to buy iff still for sale.
    Many Thanks. Chris.

edbear2 Guest

Smile

Gun Now Sold To Chris Subject To The Usual!

Great deal with Edbear2

As above.
    Great deal with Edbear2. A real gentleman,great communications.
    This item is better than described and the packaging was BOMB proof.
    Would gladly deal with again. Iam over the moon.
    All The Very Best, Chris.

edbear2 Guest

Thumbs up

Thank you chris......I am pleased you are happy, thanks for the smooth deal, instant payment and best of all, long friendly airgunning chats on the phone!... happy airgunning, Eddie

Bury,Lancashire, about 12 miles north of Mancheste

Stirling 81

Chris is a gentleman of the "old school"; good that it all went well for you both. I`m keen to try mine against the latest at DAGC. John
    Laudator temporis acti