Thread: 2nd Season of the U.B.C Pistol Competition starting end of this month, Suggestions...

2nd Season of the U.B.C Pistol Competition starting end of this month, Suggestions...

Hi Guys & Gals.

The 2nd season of the pistol competition will be starting soon.

I plan to keep everything to the same format with the 4 main shoot categories & the side shoot targets.

Is there anything that you the competitors would like to see in this season?

Some things I like to put forward

There could be an awards for the end of season & during season.

I have been able to sort out some awards for our first meet

Awards. There will awards on the the day. We are working on trophies for 1st, 2nd & 3rd in the four categories. Award badges in Gold, Silver & Bronze. Special Wooden Spoons personalized by me & a few other stuff.
    However this will mean it will have to be financed, so if people would like to partcipitate I would have to charge an admission fee. So if the interest is there I shall pursue it, if not we will carry on as before.

Also I'd like to put forward another competition that will run seperatly, which will be a snooker challenge, the target is on Target Bunnys site >HERE<. Once again I can organise awards/medals for end of season which will be a admission fee or play for free with no awards. With this one it will last 5 Months start date in December. I hoping to keep this one simple just like the side shoots i.e any pistol & any sights.

With both competitions the more people sign up the better awards I will be able to get. I have been talking to the trophy makers & they would be able to incorparate our logo into the medals/trophies, but there is set up costs so the more people sign up the cheaper it will be. Also it's a matter how much people are willing to pay?

Your views & comments please.

Kind regards
    Paddy.
    BE-HAPPY-OK

Holiday, I mean Shirk

Hi Paddy, just a quick note to let you know I'll be off the scene for the next three months, I'll be working in Indonesia, it's a hard life and I'll have no access to shooting whatsoever, oh just had a thought will my trigger finger seize up? and when I get back can I have a bigger target than everyone else coz I'll be out of practice

ps. I shot a single handed 46 at 10m the other night, so I guess you're all lucky I'm off for a couple of Months
    Last edited by northern35s; 11-10-2008 at 07:13 AM. Reason: typo

Thailand

Hi Paddy
    I am of to Thailand from end of Nov through to Jan so would be unfair of me to comment. I will be happy to join in mid way through the season in whatever format you guys choose, ATB and see you at the meet
    Keith

Hi Paddy, just a couple of thoughts after reading your proposals.

I personally think that the monthly comp works well in its current format: it's easy for people to enter and shoot with the minimum of preparation and expense, and I'd therefore like to see it kept that way in order that we continue to attract as many participants as possible.

However, I like your idea about a paid entry system with trophies and prizes, and I think that this could be incorporated into each end of season, in a similar format to the meet in Coventry arranged for the 25th. Of course, not everyone is going to turn up no matter where it's held, so it always has to be a standalone end of season jolly.

Perhaps the trophies could be offered to the overall winners of each category for a particular season, and it would be up to them to decide whether or not to pay for the trophy, which could either be presented at an awards ceremony at the end of season jolly or posted to the winner.

What do you think?

Quote Originally Posted by MikeB View Post
    Hi Paddy, just a couple of thoughts after reading your proposals.

I personally think that the monthly comp works well in its current format: it's easy for people to enter and shoot with the minimum of preparation and expense, and I'd therefore like to see it kept that way in order that we continue to attract as many participants as possible.

However, I like your idea about a paid entry system with trophies and prizes, and I think that this could be incorporated into each end of season, in a similar format to the meet in Coventry arranged for the 25th. Of course, not everyone is going to turn up no matter where it's held, so it always has to be a standalone end of season jolly.

Perhaps the trophies could be offered to the overall winners of each category for a particular season, and it would be up to them to decide whether or not to pay for the trophy, which could either be presented at an awards ceremony at the end of season jolly or posted to the winner.

What do you think?
    The meet & new season starts the same time & the new leader board will show this, with people who shot at the meet & people who done the shoot online within the week after. So I want to keep the format the same anyway.

I was thinking of the medals/trophies for end of season to be either posted or like you said be brought to the next season meet perhaps. I think it gives more sense of acheivement if you know what I mean.

Regards
    Paddy.
    BE-HAPPY-OK

Jim McArthur is offline Frock coat wearing, riverboat dwelling, southern gent
    You guys go to all sorts of places around the globe. You probably can't wait to get out of the UK, whereas Jan and I love to come back there!

If you had better gun laws and didn't make us pay double for everything , we'd move there when we retire.

But getting back on Thread: we're for all additional comps, awards, and will gladly pay our devalued dollars to help out.

Jim
    UBC's Police Pistol Manager
    "Nasty, noisy things, revolvers, Count. Better stick to air-guns." Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure of the Mazarin Stone

Quote Originally Posted by Jim McArthur View Post
    You guys go to all sorts of places around the globe. You probably can't wait to get out of the UK, whereas Jan and I love to come back there!

Jim
    That's because you can bugger off home at the end of the trip Jim, you certainly wouldn't want to live here Fella.......

Russ
    Air Arms S400 Classic - Hawke Airmax 3-9x40 AO MAP6, SMK QB78 DL - JSR 4x40 Mildot ill.El Gamo ASI sniper, BSA Airsporter MkVI. UBC#22 - Sheridan EB22, Gamo Compact:R77-4:Falcon, Walther PPK, CP88 shiney, SMK G10, Baikal 53M:MAK, Crosman 357

Jim McArthur is offline Frock coat wearing, riverboat dwelling, southern gent
    Quote Originally Posted by Firestorm View Post
    That's because you can bugger off home at the end of the trip Jim, you certainly wouldn't want to live here Fella.......

Russ
    We would, IF we could have those two things we wished for. But remember the old saying about wishes and horses and beggars?

Jim
    UBC's Police Pistol Manager
    "Nasty, noisy things, revolvers, Count. Better stick to air-guns." Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure of the Mazarin Stone

Whitehaven where it's either cold or rainging or i
    Hi,

Well I missed alot of the last season didnt have much time for shooting which was a shame I started off quite well, but I'l be def in this one.

Hi Paddy,
    I quite like what is proposed, i.e. the status quo with end of season enhancements. Last season definitely sharpened up my technique for the PPC.
    It's a nice progression.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim McArthur View Post
    We would, IF we could have those two things we wished for.

Jim
    You'd change your mind if you spent six months in this dump.
    I would love to escape here.

Tony
    UBC Secretary & Web-Manager
    THL Marksman of the Year 2010
    (Airgun Section)