Thread: Buying a muzzlelader kit from the US. NEED HELP

Buying a muzzlelader kit from the US. NEED HELP

I'm hopefully going to buy a hawken rifle kit from the USA, then get the barreled smoothbored so it can go on a SGC. I have a friend who can do this for free The only thing is, the barrel comes with a touchhole installed, but the gun is in kit form, so not a working firearms, untill you build it.

What are the Laws regarding this? I see it as a bit of a grey area.

Any help would be great.

Thanks

As far as I know, if you want to buy a new barrel, or action, you have to put it on your ticket. Think it'll be the same thing

If you plan to import a rifle barrel make sure you have a variation on your FAC for that calibre or you could be in deep doo. HMC&E may ask to see it

What about if the barrel has no flash hole(vent)? Is it just classed as a reproduction then. I could have it as a wall ahnger untill I get it smoothbored.

You need to have an F.A.C, unless the barrel is incapable of being made to fire, ie, a long slot machined in the barrel, usually on the underside where it can't be seen when the barrel is in the stock. The only legal way you could get around that, is to have the barrel smoothbored, before it's shipped over to you, then you would have to have it entered on your shotgun cert, as it's still classed as a firearm, even if it's in kit form and not assembled. this is what I have been told by our club's F.L.O.

ATB
    Baz