Thread: Vintage rifle identification help[vintage pic]

Vintage rifle identification help[vintage pic]

Hi.Guys This is a pic of my father on the right,He was born in 1925 and can be no more than 12/13 any idea's what it is?BSA?
    Thanks Kev.

It looks like one of the BSA Lincoln Jefferies models with the 'duck bill' end to the underlever. I don't have any books to hand, but doubtless you'll get a bang-on ID shortly from those that do!

edbear2 Guest

Talking

hi Kev........what a brilliant picture...a real blast from the past!...also think its a pre war bsa, mabe a improved model d or lincoln....have a look at ....http://www.flickr.com/photos/3122848...352761/...some of my oldies are on there , the third one down is an improved model D....would love to see more members pics like this posted from the times when every kid in the street seemed to have an airgun or catapult...in the late 60's / early 70's we used to wear old donkey jackets and wrap scarves around our heads and play "war" with webley junior pistols and lightweight milbros and the like, much more fun (and painfull) than paintball...and you quickly learned about getting behind cover!

edbear2 Guest

Thumbs up

me again...link to pics came out wrong...should be... www.flickr.com/photos/31228487@N07/2924352761/ sorry about that!

A great nostalgic picture

Most pictures of this era are grainy and indistinct-possibly because they are the result of significant cropping.This one is a cracker though! See the "possessiveness" of these two lads!You KNOW that feeling when you get your sweaty hand on a lovely gun! This rifle was "old" when the photo was taken.I'd say it is a pre 1910 Lincoln Jefferies or BSA?

Quote Originally Posted by edbear2 View Post
    hi Kev........what a brilliant picture...a real blast from the past!...also think its a pre war bsa, mabe a improved model d or lincoln....have a look at ....http://www.flickr.com/photos/3122848...352761/...some of my oldies are on there , the third one down is an improved model D....would love to see more members pics like this posted from the times when every kid in the street seemed to have an airgun or catapult...in the late 60's / early 70's we used to wear old donkey jackets and wrap scarves around our heads and play "war" with webley junior pistols and lightweight milbros and the like, much more fun (and painfull) than paintball...and you quickly learned about getting behind cover!
    I just got this picture from a older sister today,It does look like your improved moded D.

in the late 60's / early 70's we used to wear old donkey jackets and wrap scarves around our heads and play "war" with webley junior pistols and lightweight milbros and the like, much more fun (and painfull

As a kid I have seen this take place with half a dozen gat guns.

Bloody hell Kev.

Didn't your dad's mate have some hair ?

What's more worrying is the fact that he looks like a young Frankie Howerd.

I aint got a clue what BSA it is.

Totally brilliant picture though, thanks for sharing it with us.

All the best Mick

Quote Originally Posted by T 20 View Post
    Bloody hell Kev.

What's more worrying is the fact that he looks like a young Frankie Howerd.

I aint got a clue what BSA it is.

Totally brilliant picture though, thanks for sharing it with us.

All the best Mick

I thought that.

Collectable Hairbuns

OH TITTER YE NOT

I've just found an old picture of my old man and it looks like he went to the same barber.

ATB MICK

It is a BSA Improved model. Possibly a very early Improved model D. You can see that it has the strengthening fences on the bayonet style handle of the cocking lever and also the Improved type loading tap with the key hole shaped plate on the left hand side. So would put the gun at around 1908-1910 ish.
    Great picture!!

Lakey

What a super picture. Thanks for sharing it.

Glad you liked the pic,and thanks for the info.