Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CZ Mach2

CZ Mach2

Picked up my new CZ American walnut in Mach2.
    20 inch threaded barrel.
    Standard trigger.
    Studs fitted
    £260.00

Nice bit of wood, with a hard plastic but plate. Chequering nice and sharp. Action and barrel well blued. Triggers got a bit of creep to it but can be addressed later.

Test fired at 50meters, with the usual fire one, clean one etc. Grouping at about 3/4 inch in quite windy conditions using Hornday red tipped. Got the gun home to clean and found that the stock presses tighly against the barrel. Tried to remove a bit of the wood but still touching. i am now in the process of turning some stainless pillers ti lift the action out of the stock slightly in readyness for a bit of glass bedding. Should have this done by the week end and ready to do a bit more testing.
    Also will carry out a bit of trigger group polishing to get the release a bit crisper.
    Watch this space for updates on progress.
    neil

Good to see another HM 2 owner on here.Why the pillars to raise the action and the glass bedding.I just followed the floating advice on here before I'd even fired it while waiting for the scope to arive in the post.At first I was abit dissapointed with the reduction in creep after fitting the Brooks kit with thickest sleve but I dont notice it now.
    I'll be interseted to here what you think of it out in the field and will look out for your updates.
    Jim

I get 3/4 inch at 100 yds with my CZ, takes a few boxes to run in though, I only use Remingtons, at £6 a box

Had it a couple of years, cut down to 14 inches, great little gun

HM2 is underrated IMO
    Baz

http://www.wildcatrifles.co.uk/

Whats the difference between the 17 HMR and the HM2?
    Cheers
    Roy
    badgeroy
    And i'll answer to anything else.

If a politician told me he was lying i would'nt believe him.

Quote Originally Posted by foxy View Post
    get yourself a good amount of ammo never know when it will come unavailable, Eley were selling off there stocks of ammo some monthes ago due to lack of sales. I donot believe it will be discontinude just yet but future is not bright for tis cal at present
    Eley supply the American market, can't see them stopping making it.

I have one in CZ Varmint format and prefer it to the two HMR's I have had, only really use it for rabbits out to 120 yards max and for that it is very good. Cheaper to feed, quieter and less damage. Plus a 10 shot mag in a CZ.

Quote Originally Posted by badgeroy View Post
    Whats the difference between the 17 HMR and the HM2?
    The HM2 has a slower MV than the HMR [2100fps] and around 80ft lb less.

Join the Free Speech Union
    ''All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to glaze over and resume scrolling''.

Presumably quieter ?
    Cheers
    Roy
    badgeroy
    And i'll answer to anything else.

If a politician told me he was lying i would'nt believe him.

Quote Originally Posted by badgeroy View Post
    Presumably quieter ?
    2100fps is still very supersonic, so I doubt it's that much quieter, if at all.

Somebody whose actually got one ought to be able to give us a comparison, Roy.
    Join the Free Speech Union
    ''All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to glaze over and resume scrolling''.

Quote Originally Posted by foxy View Post
    get yourself a good amount of ammo never know when it will come unavailable, Eley were selling off there stocks of ammo some monthes ago due to lack of sales. I donot believe it will be discontinude just yet but future is not bright for tis cal at present
    Norman Clarke has just done a custom rifle in Hm2 so someone has faith in the future of this caliber.
    Jim
    Tikka .243+ Meopta 7x50+DM80, CZ HMR+Bushnell Legend+DM80,CZ HM2+Bushnell 3200 3-9x50+Parker Hale
    Various shotguns

The HM2 might be a good round but i cant see why anyone who has a .22lr and a hmr would want one. I certainly would not change my hmr for one. Woodyd.

I have had HMR and HM2 and prefer the latter.

If we all had the same ideas we would all have the same guns.

It's a good bit more 'subtle' than an HMR - I chose to go HM2 and then jump up to Hornet - the HM2 does everything up to large bunnies up to 125 - the Hornet up to fox up to 200 and then out comes the bigger stuff.
    I think and therefore...... I refuse to steal someone else's quote to try to sound more erudite or profound than I actually am.

Smile First proper shoot

Took it out for its first proper shoot on Saturday. At fifty meters with Eley ( blue tipped) all five shots touched each other. Pushed it out to 100 but it stared to get a bit gusty and the groups opened upto inch and a half. The Reamington ammo didn't group as well. About 3/4 inch at fifty meters. Didn't do them at 100 meters. The Eley performed well over the chrono with about a 30 fps spread. The gun has only had about 100 rounds through it and has still got the origional crown. I worked and polished the trigger group and it now lets off crisp at 1 1/2 lbs. No problems with the drop test at this weight.
    Will get a few more boxes of ammo down it over the next few weeks, and will re thread and crown ot see what happens. All data has been kept so far and will eventually type up a little report to let you know how its doing.

Future tests:-
    1) chop down barrel and see what happens
    2) borrow, buy, steal or beg the use of a sound level unit to see how it performs against its big brother and other things ie .22lr high velocity.

Neil

Good night last night

Went out with this rifle last night with the old NV on it ( see write up in NV section) What a great tool. This has to be the ultimate bunny round ( as previously stated by Baz ) Hits every thing you point it at with very little work on my part. Very forgiving on judging distance ie very flat. And from the out side of the rabbit, not much meat damage unlike the Hmr. The sonic crack is there, but after a few shots you get used to it and up to 11.00 on the night, road noise and the TV will occupy most people. The tigger polish and spring change has made all the difference. Still very tempted to chop the barrel and see what she can do. All in all very pleased.