Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Airsporter S

Airsporter S

Airsporter S .177 not mint but in very good condition serial No. E S 04119 a couple of small marks to the stock metalwork/blueing excellent, what is it worth please

Hiya

Any chance of a few photo's of this? I should think thank it would fetch between £100-£150.00 on here. Prices seem to have dipped lately-for obvious reasons.
    I have always fancied an Airsporter S....
    Never go off half cocked....

All lies matter

Airsporter s

Send your email for pics

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire
    Quote Originally Posted by walther View Post
    Airsporter S .177 not mint but in very good condition serial No. E S 04119 a couple of small marks to the stock metalwork/blueing excellent, what is it worth please
    These are quite rare and value-wise on a par with the Mercury-S .177 (although the Mercury-S was the cheaper of the two when new). This in mind then, for your ref, I have sold a vgc Mercury-S in .177 for £185 plus post, and a mint/boxed example with all the boxed bits for £250 plus post. Difficult to value yours effectively without photos however but the above shows the price range you should possibly be operating in (minus maybe 20% due to the current economic climate ). Hope this helps. Atb: Gareth W-B.

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

Gareth:

Just had a peak at your photo album

My God-you have a museum there mate The Airsporter special with the longer stock-does it shoot anywhere near as good as it looks?

Walther-PM sent
    Never go off half cocked....

All lies matter

airsporter s

It shoots very nice, although hasn't been used for many years, was well lubricated before being put away
    regards
    ken

Quote Originally Posted by Graham G View Post
    Just had a peak at your photo album

My God-you have a museum there mate The Airsporter special with the longer stock-does it shoot anywhere near as good as it looks?

Walther-PM sent
    Hi Graham, glad you like my little lot (and that ain't all of them either ). The Centenary is actually very nice to shoot indeed if kept in context of when it was made etc, although it is not a patch on my Pro Sport or Omega . Atb: Gareth W-B.

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

Hi Ken cheers for the photo. What you have there is a second series Airsporter-S. The difference between the first and second series is that the first series had an open stock end in front of the cocking lever as on the standard MkI through to the MkVI Airsporter, whereas the series II Airsporter-S (like yours) has the rounded closed end type of stock as is associated with the MkVII and later RB-2 Airsporter variants . So returning to value, even given the tightening of the purse strings we are all seeing of late, I for one would still expect to pay around £175 plus post for just such a rifle in .177 (£140-ish if in .22). Once again, hope this helps . Atb: Gareth W-B.

The Mark I Airsporter S (first series), GM prefix, does have a closed end to the stock, just above the underlever catch. It is not the same design as standard models Mk V and earlier. It is also different to the Mark II Airsporter S, GP prefix, which has a more substantial closed end with a push button operation of the underlever like the Mark VII Airsporter.

dogsbody

i would snatch anyones hand off for either the Airsporter or Mercury S types but at the moment i am in love with a Tikka T3 .308.
    i sold a Merc S type .22 in the mid 1990's a big regret for next to nowt...

Quote Originally Posted by dogsbody View Post
    The Mark I Airsporter S (first series), GM prefix, does have a closed end to the stock, just above the underlever catch.
    Yes, I know what you mean, but what I meant was that the end is still open in front of the end of the lever so is "visually" similar to the MkI through to the MkVI .

Quote Originally Posted by dogsbody View Post
    It is not the same design as standard models Mk V and earlier.
    Sorry matey, but I (wrongly) took it for granted that folk would understand I was alluding to the basic "generic" style of the stock . Airsporter-S stocks are walnut, have thicker walls around the underlever, chequering, and on the series two models are closed in front of the cocking lever as well as above . Atb: Gareth W-B.

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    BSA produced a number of 'between' Marks models over the years, causing consternation and bar-brawls amongst collectors. They were using up parts in the parts bins and occasionally released these 'BSA Bitzas' to the pre-internet public, who lapped them up like hungry kittens.

Miaowwwww:d

Airsporter S

fOR SALE Airsporter s .177 £180 incl insured postage as per previous pics, very good condition

Thumbs up Airsporter 'S'

I'll take it please!