Thread: Old Pellet Tins And Boxes

edbear2 Guest

Old Pellet Tins And Boxes

About 5 years ago I was killing time in cirencester, waiting for a car to be serviced...I was in a antique shop when, while looking through a basket of junk, I found a couple of old wasp pellet tins...i was instantly back in 1969, with my trusty meteor in the back garden (I hadn't had a airgun since about 1975)....as these things turn out, I saw an airsporter mk1 at a carboot the week after, and its all been downhill since then!....anyway I have been picking up tins since then from all sorts of weird places and have got a small collection together.As I remember THE pellet if you saved your pocket money was the wasp, closely followed by webley specials, with milbros and if really skint or just can blasting you made do with marksmans! I cant remember many more being stocked at our local shop (thats what keeping 2 or 3 pellets in your mouth for that fast second shot does)......if anybody is interested in old tins, have posted pics here http://www.flickr.com/photos/3122848...7607964699940/
    I have tried using many of these in the period of gun they were ment for....BUT the new ones are really much better these days!

What a fine collection !

Cheers
    "helplessly they stare at his tracks......."

Fantastic collection! If you haven't posted already on this forum I'm sure the other collectors would love to see your tins.

tomgriffin is offline I just have the empty tin...
    WOW! What a collection!

If you dont mind me asking, how much do you reckon you have spent on tins? .....Jealous....Me!!!!
    If you choke a smurf, what colour does it turn?
    We Are Tottenham! Super Tottenham! We Are Tottenham From The Lane!

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire
    What a wonderful collection. Thanks for sharing it with us. Greatly appreciated . Atb: G.

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

Like woohooo Brill collection

edbear2 Guest

Thumbs up

Thanks for the link garvin, I have been looking for ages for something like this as I would love to find out more about some of my stuff......as for how much I have spent, the max was about £30 for the mint old bulldog box which I got from another collector....many have been 2 or 3 quid from bootsales, tin fairs etc.or on several occasions have just bought someone a pint as you would be amazed at what is still lurking in peoples sheds and is used to store nails, screws etc. Obviously that auction site is good but pricey (in england...go to the usa or europe for the bargains) The webley ones are the expensive ones at 8 - 15 quid (the weaman street address tins go for loads more...I have seen one make over £100!!!...but the most collectable seems to be the eley black boy pre 1st war tins and packets, 2 empty boxes went for about £170 a while back!!!!...personally I think this is barking as a similar age much nicer utendoeffer german tin, sealed is about a tenner.I dont really specialize in any type, just what catches my eye, and now my coffee table is rammed, might give it a rest (until that next special one turns up of course)....glad people are enjoying the pics, as I do of other stuff on here........ed

Talking Tins and pellets

Edbear2 Hi,
    What a great collection,
    I have a couple of(full) old tins of the wasps marked as made by ICI, do you know how much they would be.? Just in case I decide/need to sell them to fund another rifle when I am desperate!
    The armourer, with no where near as many guns as I used to have.

i have two tins with "bulldog' written on them costing £2/50 per tin.

I went to my parents recently looking for my old collection from the seventies,they had been thrown out!!
    I suppose I should have asked a bit earlier as I left home 20 years ago!

I used to have at least 20 + tins all over my shelves..
    BASC

on the subject of old ammo,i have two packets of .22 gat darts correct me if iam wrong but gat didn't make a.22 gun or did they? thanks in anticipation graham. ps is gat a make or a model ? as manuel would say "i know naarthing"

The GAT was made by TJ Harrington.

There were GAT pistols and a GAT rifle.None were .22.

Keenfire pellets god I remember them , nice collection you have btw

Dave
    ]Never explain. Your friends do not need it and your enemies will not believe it anyway. ~ Elbert Hubbard[