Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wasp shooting

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Wasp shooting

Just been reading another thread and Steff mentioned that she has shot wasps

Reminded me of an incident I had the other week!
    I had returned home from the range and was preparing a nice Cajun meal for the wife & kids.

I heard my daughters boyfiend squeal and looked towards the door where he was stood outside.

A rather large wasp had buzzed his face and had come into the house and into the kitchen. The bloody thing was heading straight for me
    Both the kitchen windows were open and I moved to the far side of the kitchen hoping that this yellow peril would fly out one of the windows and I could get back to cooking.
    NO WAY the thing followed me!!!!! so I ducked and moved to the other side of the kitchen again.
    Now I have a habbit of getting stung on the back of the neck (4 times) by wasps and twice (in the belly button when I was a kid at Butlins Skeggy) by bee's.
    This ruddy wasp turned and came back at me again. For #### sake this thing is determined to do me harm
    On the table was my pistol case from my day at the range.
    I grabbed my CP99 slammed in the co2 clip (knowing there was still a mag the chamber)but no pellets. I pulled the slide back pointed it at the darn wasp and pulled the trigger hoping that the gas and pressure release would maybe deter the little beast from comming near me again
    WOW
    Good job no pellet in the mag.
    The wasp exploded bits and gunk went all over the window, the ceiling and the sink.
    It was "AWSOME" according to Scott who came in.
    My darling wife Lesley was not so impressed and made me wash the window, sink and clean the ceiling
    What a shot bet I couldn't do that again.
    Tony
    UBC Secretary & Web-Manager
    THL Marksman of the Year 2010
    (Airgun Section)

Talking

I just bet you were swaggering around like John Wayne for a week, good shot Duke

=

Jim McArthur is offline Frock coat wearing, riverboat dwelling, southern gent

A Louisiana wasp?

That wasp, he was no fool, cher: he come for that Cajun food, for true!

Jim
    UBC's Police Pistol Manager
    "Nasty, noisy things, revolvers, Count. Better stick to air-guns." Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure of the Mazarin Stone

Way back in the 60s I was the only kid on the block with a BB gun (A Diana carbine look alike, a present from my aunt in Canada) and I used to shoot flies on the ceiling with it. This came to an abrupt halt when my Mum spotted all the little craters (well you could reuse steel BBs) where I had dug out the BBs from the plaster.
    My DIY career started shortly afterwards with hole filling and ceiling painting.
    Taqrget Bunny

Red face cool

i once cut a wasp in half with my hw 45.....more luck than skill.....ive not done since

Bit blunt... you'd have been better with a knife, mate.

Shooting at wasps is a fools game. Simple as!

Quote Originally Posted by christy View Post
    Shooting at wasps is a fools game. Simple as!
    Come on it, welcome to the cool fools thread.
    Just thought, we could extend our range of targets say up to the size of House Mice? There is three of these buggers in our garden, but everytime I get a pistol out they vanish

But the guys in the states still get the best insects to splatter.

Having said that, we in the UK have to be better marksmen because our insects are so small and remember guys its head shots only.
    Tried a green fly yesterday couldnt tell if i made the head shot though as there was nowt left to examine
    (Airgun Section)

Picture Rocks, Confederate Territory of Arizona

BOB's (Big Ol' Bugs)

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom Sniper View Post
    Come on it, welcome to the cool fools thread.
    Just thought, we could extend our range of targets say up to the size of House Mice? There is three of these buggers in our garden, but everytime I get a pistol out they vanish

But the guys in the states still get the best insects to splatter.

Having said that, we in the UK have to be better marksmen because our insects are so small and remember guys its head shots only.
    Tried a green fly yesterday couldnt tell if i made the head shot though as there was nowt left to examine
    Some time ago...was wanderin' around with this splittail (girl) by a pond 'n there were Dragonflies all over... I had my Crosman BB pistol with me. So... long story short... I one-handed a shot off hand 'n took the head clean off this critter at about 12 feet. Her jaw dropped. Lucky shot... Hell Yes! But I wasn't about to admit that.

Not everywhere here ('States) has really large bugs like the desert... or the tropical areas (lived in both)... but this Sonora Desert has some monsters that don't live anywhere else. 'Call 'em BOB's... (Big Ol' Bugs)... 'n they have certain breeding seasons when they swarm. Not all of 'em at the same time (good thing). So there'll be two weeks of one critter... followed by a week of somethin' else 'n so on. Palo Verde Beetle larve ate the roots outta 3 of my big Agave plants (cactus... 'same stuff they make tequila out of). These cactus weigh around 200 lbs or more. 'Hadda take 'em out with a chain saw finally, but the root base was destroyed. They just tipped over. 'Bout a gazillion of these black slug larve (big as yer thumb) were busy eatin' the root base. I left the things sideways... 'n a large Road Runner 'n some Cactus Wrens 'n Woodpeckers showed up right away 'n had a feast. Dunno how they know that... 'smell 'em or somethin'. The adult Palo Verde's are about 4-5" long... ugly as sin. 'Bout now... we've had a rash of Solpugid's (Sun Spiders) 'n they don't get any uglier than this critter. (Google 'Sun Spider' for a peek) 'Usually find 'em drowned in the pool. They kill/eat Scorpions tho... so we let 'em alone. It's 0800 here now 'n already pushin' 90 deg. F. It'll go 107-108 today prob'ly... which will bring the bugs out lookin' for water. (It gets around 124 deg F here sometimes)
    A round downrange cannot be recalled

Just been reading another thread and Steff mentioned that she has shot wasps

Tony
    WASP's Aren't those White Anglo Saxon Protestants/Klansmen? seems like a good discipline to me does lamping work on them?

No...

Quote Originally Posted by Indiana cajones View Post
    WASP's Aren't those White Anglo Saxon Protestants/Klansmen? seems like a good discipline to me does lamping work on them?

The Klan's got nuthin' to do with WASPS (which would be you prob'ly) 'n me. . The Klan is pretty much defunct... (good thing) 'n I say that as a rabid white Southerner. The Anglo-Saxon's denote those whose ancestry's from England, Ireland, Scotland 'n Wales (here). Apparently the MSM weenies who coined that term never heard of Celts 'n the Germans/Scandanavians don't count 'cause these MSM morons dunno what Saxons are either. (Viking Danes) 'Last time I filled out one of those gummint forms with 'race' ad nauseum at the bottom... I listed "Other" 'n wrote in 'Pictish-Celt'. My Surname is Shaw... Clan proginator Shaw-mor... 3rd son of Duncan, King of Scotland... decended from McDuff... who whacked the last of the Pict Royals 'n boinked the Kings daughter. I've got this history stuff suitcased 'n stenciled.

this reminds me of years ago,when i was about 14..we used to go on holiday to an old house,next to a railway near skegness.
    i had my dads old webley senior pistol, and we would put jam out in the garden,and sit in deck chairs shooting wasps
    GOOD DEALS...Here,post 6404

Quote Originally Posted by Sonora Rebel View Post
    The Klan's got nuthin' to do with WASPS (which would be you prob'ly) 'n me. . The Klan is pretty much defunct... (good thing) 'n I say that as a rabid white Southerner. The Anglo-Saxon's denote those whose ancestry's from England, Ireland, Scotland 'n Wales (here). Apparently the MSM weenies who coined that term never heard of Celts 'n the Germans/Scandanavians don't count 'cause these MSM morons dunno what Saxons are either. (Viking Danes) 'Last time I filled out one of those gummint forms with 'race' ad nauseum at the bottom... I listed "Other" 'n wrote in 'Pictish-Celt'. My Surname is Shaw... Clan proginator Shaw-mor... 3rd son of Duncan, King of Scotland... decended from McDuff... who whacked the last of the Pict Royals 'n boinked the Kings daughter. I've got this history stuff suitcased 'n stenciled.
    I believe you left out the 'Jutes' and the term Celt for the indigenous population at the time of the Roman 'Conquest' was a misnomer the Romans didnt know who they were but they looked like the Celt's who they whopped in Germany so for ease lumped us together so I guess you'd better check the spelling on your suitcase,

Personally I'm 3rd generation East End ratbag being Franco-German on my mums side and jewish-English on my dads! Don't think the I pass the Clansman requirements!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Indiana cajones View Post
    I believe you left out the 'Jutes' and the term Celt for the indigenous population at the time of the Roman 'Conquest' was a misnomer the Romans didnt know who they were but they looked like the Celt's who they whopped in Germany so for ease lumped us together so I guess you'd better check the spelling on your suitcase,

Personally I'm 3rd generation East End ratbag being Franco-German on my mums side and jewish-English on my dads! Don't think the I pass the Clansman requirements!!!!

Come on guys, lets get back to the fun stuff.
    INSECT ASSASSINATION
    (Airgun Section)

Come on guys, lets get back to the fun stuff.
    INSECT ASSASSINATION
    'Day ain't over yet!

'Really hot here now... When it cools a little... they'll be out tho. (OR) I get 'n the pool 'n they'll be all over the place. I need a better BB gun.