Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Umarex pr0n

Cool Umarex pr0n

I've just taken delivery of the new Colt 1911 A1 Dark Ops.

A lot of people on here have rated the Colt's accuracy and trigger as almost as good as the Smith, but what always put me off was they just didn't look as damn sexy as the Beretta 92FS.

Well, all that has changed. The Dark Ops is presented in a smooth matte, non-reflective black finish with chromed sides to the topslide, and I think it works really well. Judge for yourselves:

Pic 1

Pic 2

I can't wait to try it out on some targets, but I'm afraid that's going to have to wait because it's peeing down and gloomy as hell here.

What do you reckon, Jason - would walnut grips improve its looks?

I can feel another UBC review coming on!

Very nice indeed. Let us know what it's like as i have just purchased a Colt Government 1911 in Nickel and can't wait for it to arrive so i can use it.

Jim McArthur is offline Frock coat wearing, riverboat dwelling, southern gent
    Quote Originally Posted by $harp$hooter View Post
    Very nice indeed. Let us know what it's like as i have just purchased a Colt Government 1911 in Nickel and can't wait for it to arrive so i can use it.
    Nicely put, SS: no problem owning 2, or 20, IF you're going to use them.

But it's too easy to fall into that "I just gotta have one!" trap: and then they sit unused in closet or drawer.

Jim
    Last edited by Jim McArthur; 14-10-2008 at 11:09 PM.
    UBC's Police Pistol Manager
    "Nasty, noisy things, revolvers, Count. Better stick to air-guns." Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure of the Mazarin Stone

Umarex P0rn

Droooooooooooooooooooollllllllllllllll,, Slaver, Slurp,
    Ah, ooooohhh huh huh ,,yes yessssssssssss
    I LIKE IT

My wrist hurts

Tony
    V
    V
    V
    V
    V
    V
    V
    V
    V
    V
    V
    V
    V
    V
    V
    V
    V
    V
    V
    V
    V
    V
    V
    V
    V
    V
    ps Wrist hurts cuz I was Sawing wood!! You dirty minded perv!
    UBC Secretary & Web-Manager
    THL Marksman of the Year 2010
    (Airgun Section)

What Tony said

But my wrist doesn't hurt.

Very nice Mike, i have had 2 Colts didn't like the feel of either of them, no as nice as the Beretta, but i must say that is a beautiful bit of kit, i'm very interested to hear how she handles.

Walnut grips, in this case i think not.

I hope she's coming to Coventry, and i don't mean Cheryl.

atvb

Jason
    Fancy shooting your air pistols & rifles a bit more, then guy's & gal's come visit us at the
    UBC for loads of fun competitions for all types of air pistols and rifles.

Quote Originally Posted by cookie View Post
    I hope she's coming to Coventry, and i don't mean Cheryl.

atvb

Jason
    Oh, she'll be there alright, Jason! I'm just glad Customs didn't impound her as a RIF - I ordered from Germany, funds were TTd Friday just gone, and she arrived today - now that's not bad going.

I'll email a couple of piccies for the members guns section of the UBC website, if you'd like, or would it be easier for you to grab 'em of Photobucket?

Ps - Tony - you daft bugger lol!

Mike.

Hi Mike email the pic's to me at gallery@umarexboysclub.co.uk that way once i have them i'll upload them otherwise i'll never get round to it.

atvb

Jason
    Fancy shooting your air pistols & rifles a bit more, then guy's & gal's come visit us at the
    UBC for loads of fun competitions for all types of air pistols and rifles.

I think... Colt Special Combat Classic looks more sexy than Colt 1911 A1 “Dark Ops”...

Looks more sexy to myself, of course. Real winner between CO2 Colts.
    Waiting for it to be delivered, so will see soon how practical it is.
    I will buy Beretta M92 if it's will be made in the same way - with removable magazine holds both the BBs and the 12 g CO2 cylinder, even if it shoots BBs only (yes, I wish... pellets and blowback everybody does...). Maybe, that is why I bought Airsoft WA Beretta M92FS...

BTW, anyone experienced with both Colt pistols, Dark Ops and Special Combat Classic - which one is better, in a matter of accuracy, reliability?
    Baikal Makarov MP-654K, TBC...
    Looking for the best holster for your Walther PPK?

If the Combat Classic is the one with the sight and moderator or whatever on the front then we've got one of each in stock. I haven't fired either of them yet but the Dark Ops feels much better than the Combat Classic as it's got more metal in it.

Jonathan

Thank's, Jonathan.

I was talking about this Umarex Colt Special Combat Classic:
    http://www.umarex.com/products_magni...=1&activeCnt=1

I never had any idea about CO2 Colts before (I'm mainly Beretta and MAK guy ), but after I've seen that picture from Umarex site, read description (yes, it has a metal frame and a metal slide) and watching this two videos:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u674KxH0wbE
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iw1IWk0V6vc (same poster)
    I thought - I have to get this one And I did, hope it will not disappoint me.
    Baikal Makarov MP-654K, TBC...
    Looking for the best holster for your Walther PPK?

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan View Post
    BTW, anyone experienced with both Colt pistols, Dark Ops and Special Combat Classic - which one is better, in a matter of accuracy, reliability?
    Horses for courses, Ivan.

The Dark Ops will be more accurate because of it's rifled barrel and the fact that it fires pellets rather than BBs. As to reliability, coming from the same Umarex stable, I should imagine they would both be quite reliable.

Let us know when you get it, and maybe post a review on here? Meantime, here's what one satisfied owner had to say, just to whet your appetite...

http://www.airgunbbs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=309785

Get a grip... Not a grip safety...

How is the grip safety with the new dark ops? Do love the look of the gun but that grip safety does put me off...

Quote Originally Posted by kzaman View Post
    How is the grip safety with the new dark ops? Do love the look of the gun but that grip safety does put me off...
    To be honest, I'm not a big fan. It's not too bad shooting two-handed although it means I have to grip the gun considerably harder than I'd like, but there again some folks will tell you that it makes for a consistent grip. To me, it just doesn't feel right though.

One handed shooting is a different matter entirely - I cannot get on with the grip safety one-handed and I find it really pulls my score down in the UBC 6yd competition, so much so that last month I elected to use the 92FS.

Nick the Magic Niner kindly offered at the last Coventry meet to pin the safety off for me, but for one reason or another (mainly to do with the vast quantities of beer consumed apres-meet) I didn't give it to him to take and work on.

If he's kind enough to offer again at next week's meet, he can take it and work his magic on it.

In my opinion (and it's a matter of personal choice at the end of the day), it's the only thing that lets the 1911 down. The trigger is superb for a Umarex gun, it has the 5" barrel which has to be more accurate, and I've upgraded the sights. For me, the grip safety is a hindrance I'd rather do without.

Hope that helps,

Mike.

Thumbs up Dark ops

I like the the grip safety on this pistol, but then again were not all the same i should add that i can only shoot 1 handed due to shoulder problems, i agree with Mike that the trigger is really Good, and Mike i am so jealous of U owning that pistol that looks so so good ...Mike(Drooling)...

Garry is online now I scrolled the page up too fast and it fell off
    I got this off another thread on here, incase you haven't seen it.
    http://www.backwoodshome.com/articles2/ayoob85.html

Should help with the safety grip one handed.