Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Walther CP99 problem

I've got 3 mags and I am checking them to see if any are worse than the others. I don't want to keep chucking money at this thing, I might be better off starting again

Regards

Richard
    http://www.ford-hft.org.uk
    You come into this world with nothing, go out in debt and you've made a profit

East Hanningfield, near Chelmsford, Essex

cp 99 fault

I have come to the conclusion that at the price new you are better off using it for 12 months and buying a new one when it starts playing up. I am right in assuming one gets a 12 month guarantee on a new one? I think the design is weak and once it starts giving problems it is at the end of its useful life. At least we wont have to buy spare magazines as well. Mine was secondhand and well used when I bought it so never really got the chance to use it properly before I sent it to Brocock for repair. Didnt last 5 minutes when I got it back. Shame cos I like it
    Alan

It's a shame you're not closer - I'd be interested in having a shot at repairing one.

East Hanningfield, near Chelmsford, Essex

CP99 Repair

Jethro, where are you? Have you seen my photos earlier in the thread?
    Alan

Yes, I've looked at your pictures of the slide. I wouldn't mind seeing the component pictures you mentioned - email address in my profile.

I'm in Edinburgh.
    Last edited by Jethro; 18-11-2008 at 01:53 PM.