Thread: Fas 604?

tomgriffin is offline I just have the empty tin...

Fas 604?

Hi all (again )

My dads friend may have a FAS 604 (I think thats right) target pistol for sale, the pistol is in good order but doesn't have any of the original accessories

Could any of you give me a bit more info about the pistol and a valuation as he doesn't know what to sell for and I have no idea what too offer ......I shall try to get pictures up of the pistol, but they aren't very good as taken with an old phone

All the very best and thanks for any information given,
    Tom
    Last edited by tomgriffin; 14-10-2008 at 07:27 PM.
    If you choke a smurf, what colour does it turn?
    We Are Tottenham! Super Tottenham! We Are Tottenham From The Lane!

I just sold my FAS604 for £165.
    It was in good condition - and a Mk2, I believe.
    They are excellent 10m target pistols - much better than the offerings from Gamo & Weihrauch.
    Easy to service too - there's a good guide here - http://www.airgunforum.net/agf/index...howtopic=36654 - but you will probably have to register first.
    Regards
    sj

Quote Originally Posted by essjay View Post
    I just sold my FAS604 for £165.
    It was in good condition - and a Mk2, I believe.
    They are excellent 10m target pistols - much better than the offerings from Gamo & Weihrauch.
    Easy to service too - there's a good guide here - http://www.airgunforum.net/agf/index...howtopic=36654 - but you will probably have to register first.
    Regards
    sj
    Cheers mate,

Thanks for the guide, if I buy this pistol, I might replace the seals as its fairly old ......When you sold your pistol, did it have any accessories or anything with it?

ATVB,
    Tom

Quote Originally Posted by tomgriffin View Post
    Cheers mate,

Thanks for the guide, if I buy this pistol, I might replace the seals as its fairly old ......When you sold your pistol, did it have any accessories or anything with it?

ATVB,
    Tom
    No accessories other than a couple of spare o-rings and the plastic carrying case. As the guide shows, it's an easy pistol to work on - the most difficult part is removing the circlip without scratching the finish. I believe you can still get spares from FAS Domino in Italy, but regular o-rings seem to work fine - these are the most likely items to need replacing.
    Link to FAS - http://www.fasdomino.com/sito/eng/pg2/f-start.htm.
    If you buy, I'm sure you will enjoy the pistol.
    Regards
    sj

Excellent pistols that can still deliver good results. The O-rings are all standard items that are easily available. I have a full set of muzzle weights for the FAS. If you buy the pistol and want a set of weights then please PM me.

Thanks again lads!

Thanks for all your help SJ,

I think I will make an offer for his FAS as they sound pretty reliable, pointable and very accurate If the seals do need changing then it shouldn't be too much hassle and wont cost too much either, I might even buy a box of O-rings just incase

If I do buy the pistol Rockphoon I will be in touch as I dont think it comes with the integral weights Can you PM me with a price mate? (so I can work out what to offer for the pistol )

ATVB,
    Tom

Hi Tom,
    From the trigger stop, it looks like a Mk1 - but that's not a bad thing.
    FAS made some minor 'improvements' with the Mk2 like replacing the hammer spring nut with a pin and altering the trigger stop. I think the maintenance article featured a MK1.
    My only other observation, through the haze, is that the grip looks like it has a fixed palm rest - again not a problem if it fits your hand. If it's too small, you could gradually remove some material - if too big, you could try building up with plastic wood, or similar.
    If you're interested in 10m target shooting and you can get it for the right price, go for it.
    Good luck,
    sj