Thread: Theoben Rapid more accurate when single loaded?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Interesting thougt, didn't even know you could get a single loading option.
    Do you think the mag's damaging the pellet somehow when it's loaded then ?

barrel is offline Work is the refuge of people who have nothing better to do
    Think this is a bit of an urban myth i have not noticed any difference
    IF I WALKED ON WATER PEOPLE WOULD SAY I COULD NOT SWIM !

i notice aa fields(softer) can get a squeeze. bis mags it has no effect on.you can use the loading tray from a mfr i think.is the magazine new or well used???

I have backed off the spring tension as much as possible in my magazines so they grip each pellet less tightly, but the pellets are getting a bit damaged. Certainly, if I push JSB clones (AA Fields or Daystate FTs) though the magazines with a pencil or similar, I can see marks on the edge of the heads and skirts. Harder pellets such as H&N Baracuda or Bismags don't seem to be effected as badly, but I prefer the flatter shooting JSBs.
    I think if the pellets are being damaged, the accuracy difference will only be evident over longer ranges -but that's when the wind steps in and confuses everything! Maybe someone has done some definitive long range testing in a wind free environment?

verminhunter is offline The founder of the FAC .25 Big Boys Fan club
    I have never noticed any diffrence with the mfr FAC .22 in single load or mag fed the accuracy is the same. Aslo in my mk2, no diffrence in single or mag fed in .25.

Becareful though, the loading probe is aliend perfectly with the pellet and the breech of the barrel so pellet is loaded properly, as out of aliement can distort the pellet and can cause accuracy problems at long ranges.
    Last edited by verminhunter; 16-10-2008 at 03:23 PM.

johnny k is offline Models mankinis for Ann Summers.

deffo

Quote Originally Posted by Chandlers View Post
    Interesting thougt, didn't even know you could get a single loading option.
    Do you think the mag's damaging the pellet somehow when it's loaded then ?
    I had two 0.20 mags for my mfr, the springs were wound so tight everytime it indexed the pellets had bent skirts. Took the mags to bits and unwound the tension and hey-presto no more bend skirts.
    Chinese springer 0.22, HW100 .177. Selection of powder burners
    When there were extra pies to eat, I avoided them.

I have noticed it very occasionally with .177 but not with .20 or .22. I suppose it is because the seventeen .177 pellets are crammed in a bit more making perfect rotation and probe alignment that bit more sensitive.
    The latest edition of the Rapid has a scalloped loading port a la MFR to enable easy single shot loading. Arguably it is a major improvement in the design of the Rapid receiver which doesn't get as much attention as it deserves.
    Single loading is more difficult with older Rapids but not impossible unless you have very fat fingers indeed.
    'It may be that your sole purpose in life is to serve as a warning to others'.