Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Theoben Rapid more accurate when single loaded?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DEL67 View Post
    I took my magazine apart tonight and reduced the spring tension one full turn (there's basically no preload on the spring at all now), guess what.. it's worked! The pellets don't get crushed now and accuracy is spot on .
    Thanks.
    Derek.
    You need a bit of preload, or the mag won't index, but I get your point.
    I have unwound mine as far as they'll go, and I still get slightly deformed skirts when using soft pellets.
    Maybe it doesn't matter, and is not effecting the accuracy, but I'm striving to get the best out of BTAS / AWT Mk2. I've managed to get a couple of 100 yard 1MOA groups when single loaded in perfect conditions, and I just don't think it'll do that with the mags.
    Incidentally, it's got a BSA 19.5" choked barrel and I'm having that recrowned today by Dasherman to see if that helps?
    Last edited by Guesty; 19-10-2008 at 05:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Merchant View Post
    You need a bit of preload, or the mag won't index, but I get your point.
    I have unwound mine as far as they'll go, and I still get slightly deformed skirts when using soft pellets.
    Maybe it doesn't matter, and is not effecting the accuracy, but I'm striving to get the best out of BTAS / AWT Mk2. I've managed to get a couple of 100 yard 1MOA groups when single loaded in perfect conditions, and I just don't it'll do that with the mags.
    Incidentally, it's got a BSA 19.5" choked barrel and I'm having that recrowned today by Dasherman to see if that helps?
    There is just enough preload to index the last pellet and the accuracy was only tested at 30 yards, certainly not 100! groups with soft A.A.Fields was about an inch but now by reducing the preload one full turn it's tight clover leafs. I still find myself loading pellets by hand just to be on the safe side but atleast i know i can use the mag. for sensible hunting ranges if i wish.
    An inch at 100 yards is very impressive, you must have a very steady hand, head, body, everything etc.