Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mike Bridgewood

Mike Bridgewood

I know everyone who new Mike Bridgewood will be sorry to hear he passed away suddenly last night (14/10/08) He was a very good friend and one of the most gentle and genuine friends anyone could have wished to know, and I for one will miss him dearly.

Lawrie Amatruda.

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by Lawrie Amatruda View Post
    I know everyone who new Mike Bridgewood will be sorry to hear he passed away suddenly last night (14/10/08) He was a very good friend and one of the most gentle and genuine friends anyone could have wished to know, and I for one will miss him dearly.

Lawrie Amatruda.
    Shocking news Lawrie.

My condolences to you, to his other friends and to his family.

I never met Mike but had several communications with him and he struck me as being one of the BBS's finest, a very genuine, helpful and honest bloke.

A sad loss.

RIP Mike.

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire
    Bought several rifles off Mike, and he bought a few bits off me, and we got to know each other that way and soon discovered we had another shared common interest outside air guns, namely the history of classic motorcycles. Very sad news indeed. Mike was a lovely chap, very knowledgeable in many fields, exceptionally helpful, kind, and he had a great sense of humour ... Rest in peace my friend. I and many others will miss you.

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

Hi Lawrie

Just seen and replied to the post on the collectables section Very sad news indeed .

Dave
    ]Never explain. Your friends do not need it and your enemies will not believe it anyway. ~ Elbert Hubbard[

How very sad.

I first met Mike when I joined this BBS. He invited me into his home on several occasions to view his collection and to "chew the breeze" about anything airgun related. As a new BBS member and a novice "Collector", I will never forget the patience and kindness he showed me.

R.I.P Mike.
    Never go off half cocked....

All lies matter

Likewise....i've posted in the collectables.
    Bought & sold to Mike,always a straight up guy.
    Joked with him about what he had "in store" for me to buy.

The airgun collecting world will miss him....my condolencies to his family.

very sad news

I have bought a number of airguns from Mike over the past few years and I found him to be a very helpful, honest, pleasant and informed gentleman.

This really is very sad news Lawrie, my condolences to his family and friends
    John
    hold me back !!

I have to say I'm shocked and saddened. One of the very first rifles I bought on this forum was from Mike, and many a member have sourced their 'must haves' from the many guns that passed through his hands.

My sincerest condolences to his family and those of us who knew him in person. He will be missed.

very sad news

This really is very sad news Lawrie
    My condolences to yourself, Mikes family and his other friends
    Although I never met Mike, I have bought from him over the years and found him to be an honest and very helpful gentleman.
    John
    hold me back !!

Mike was a genuine 100% kind of chap, he was always trying to reduce his airgun collection, but like a lot of us, sold one and bought two more.

He was always finding different kind of airguns and always sold them at very reasoable prices, I like many others on here still have 2 or 3 airguns bought from Mike.

I think he was also on a mission to find small wooden boxes to keep and sell airguns in.

Very, very sad news indeed.

Ben
    master(dot)shriller(at)gmail.com

Thank you Lawrie for your prompt email and posting on here. I have responded in the collectors section on Mike's untimely death. Please keep me informed as to the funeral details, although I am sure it will not be possible for me to attend due to being in Australia.

Very sad news.

I never met Mike but it was always a pleasure doing business with him.

Very sad news.

I also never met Mike but I had several guns off him and it was always a pleasure to buy from him or ask a question.

I had always assumed that he was much older as he semed to no so much about old guns so I checked out his profile expecting it to say that he was getting on in years but I was shocked to see that he was only 51 years old that is no age at all.
    Last edited by beagle2; 17-10-2008 at 06:52 PM.

Very sad news indeed, my sincerest sympathy to Mikes family and friends.
    "..it does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds.."

norton amc

This was a real shock to me I have delt with Mike and found he was very genuine and to his word when I bought airguns from him he was allways quick to post off to me ,sincerest thoughts to his family and close friends and I hope he can go on collecting .
    Brian