Thread: Land owners permission to shoot on their land.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I tried the same posting letters methods. When ever i went out cycling i noted down the contact details from signs outside farms.
    From 76 letters and a months collecting info i got two phone calls.
    One couldnt let me on as his land was being quarried and the other said come and shoot the rabbits. That 1 positive reply made all the effort worth it.

A month later i telephone a few of the farms i had written to. Most of them werent against shooting but either already had airgunners or shotgun syndicates. One however said " come over and shoot the rots i'm over run with em".

Perseverence pays off

Happy shootin
    Last edited by Ric O'shay; 16-10-2008 at 06:50 AM. Reason: spelling correction
    BSA Superten BBK (Blueprinted), BSA Ultra SS Regged, Tanfoglio Witness, Umarex 1911
    and many, many bows and slingshots

Manc lee .

Dont just think of asking farmers mate , think of other places that may require some "free" vermin control . How about asking golf coures , stables or garden centers etc...

Wear smart/casual clothing , no camo , leave your rifle at home , remain polite , even if given a "No thanks!" , offer to split the game with them , and offer to keep an eye on things all the time you are on their land , and offer to report back to them with any prolems with fly tippers , damage to fences etc...

If given a "No" ask if its okay if you leave a card , and if you can make a return visit in around 6 months time . Of if they know of anybody who it would be worth your while asking .

Good luck mate , if it was easy , we would all have loads of land to shoot over all the time wouldnt we? Stick with it and dont give up . let us know how you get on?

Hth atb fellas .

Andy .

Cheers for the advice everyone some helpful tips in there.

Put about 20 out thismorning and had a good bit of banter with a couple of them.One old guy in particular telling me about a mink he got the other night and both debating the better method , shotgun versus air rifle for rabbits hes got problems with.A visitor turned up as we were chatting so I left sharpish,but I`d like to think I stood a chance with him.

Quick bite to eat and a brew and got about a dozen more I plan to do today.

Will let you know any replies I get.

Thanks again
    If you can read my signature,thank a teacher.If your reading it in English thank a soldier.

Good luck, you're working hard there and you'll get something(s) very soon I'm sure!
    B.A.S.C | HW100Tuning KT250bar+reg+tune .177+4-16x50 | HW95.177 +4-16x44 + Paul Short Stage 4 & Trigger Tune | TX200HC.22 + 4-16x44 | HW97KT.22 + 4-16x44 + Paul Short Stage 4 & Trigger Tune

Good luck Lee, excellent work mate.

Good luck Lee! Let us know how you get along.
    Danny
    My collection = Ratworks BSA Scorpion T-10 .177, HW100KS .177 (tweaked by me), PP750, Crosman 1322 and 1377