Thread: Reck Police (sig Sauer P225)

East Hanningfield, near Chelmsford, Essex

Reck Police (sig Sauer P225)

Does anyone have one of the above? Are they any good? are they better than or just the same quality wise as the Umarex? or are they indeed made by them?
    I am thinking of buying one of these but would appreciate any advice from those that know better than I
    Thanks
    Alan

I don't have one, but Pete R does. I believe Umarex originally marketed them as the RWS 225, but they didn't catch on. That may be just because they didn't have the Umarex name attached to them, or because of the success of the newly-launched CP88, I don't know.

Sportsmarketing are now the UK disties, and in it's UK guise, it's marketed as the Reck Police 225, although you can still buy it on the continent or from the US as the RWS 225. It takes the standard Umarex 8 shot mags.

I've spoken to Pete about his and he loves it - this is what he had to say:

Quote Originally Posted by Pete R

It is a fairly good representation of the Sig 225, (a little longer in the dust cover towards the muzzle).

It was made by Umarex but branded 'RWS C225' or 'Reck Police' for marketing purposes when initially released. It is no longer in production but does appear on the second hand market regularly.

It shoots really well but does have quite a heavy trigger in double action, it's much lighter when fired in single action mode. The decocking lever actually works just like the original. Like the CP88 there was a longer barrel and compensator version available too, called the C225 target. It was available in both nickle and matt black finishes. They also made a 'Trophy' version which came with a red dot sight and mount.

I am very happy with mine and am on the lookout for wooden grips.
    I was going to get one, but had decided to trawl the German sites because I prefer the RWS version - the white "Reck Police" on the SMK variant looks a bit naff, to me anyway.

Hope that helps,

Mike.

East Hanningfield, near Chelmsford, Essex

Reck Police

Thanks for that Mike. I saw one on egun.de and that was what made me think. It seemed expensive compared to the cp99 cp88 etc so wondered about the quality, whether it was better or not . I think I would like to try one to see what it is like.
    Alan

vgh

shoney i know geco do the 225 blank but iam not sure whether they do a co2 its worth a try, the blank pistols are lovely they are really solid not plasic rubbish i know the co2 is only about 330 fps not exactly very powerful.Have a look because i think RECK do a 225 DAVY

REck Police

Hi mate,
    I have on of these and they are better than the CP99 (got on of these also ) I have had it for about a year and it has been no trouble. Get about 60 decent shots with it per 12 g cartridge. It is more like a hand gun than a CP88 or 99. I have offered it for sale to someone who was looking but heard nothing back yet, it was not you ?(on this forum somewhere) Pitty you didnt live closer you could have had a go.Am selling/sold some gear to finance some new gear (joined an FT club)
    Chris.

The Sig 225 replica CO2 is indeed made by Umarex. There is only one person I know who's got one and he won the last competition he attended with it. Exactly the same mechanics as the CP88.

RWS C225

I've got several different Umarex CO2 8-shot pistols including the Beretta 92FS, Walther CP88 and RWS C225. The RWS feels very realistic to handle, is accurate and compact. The only problem I've found is that there is only a small gap between the bottom of the trigger and the trigger guard. If you don't hold it correctly it tends to "bite" your trigger finger.
    Life is to be enjoyed, not endured.