Thread: Makarov tuning

East Hanningfield, near Chelmsford, Essex

Makarov tuning

I found this on egun.de http://www.egun.de/market/item.php?id=1913010
    I purchased from him a kit for the 654k. Expensive but for someone like me with no engineering experience or facilities needs must.I havnt fitted it yet but will let you know how I get on. I dont have a chrono so it will be guess work.
    Alan

That kit is for the MP651k Drozd not the MP654K Makarov the large black cylinder is the the expansion chamber that fits above the powerlet in the 30round mag...Edit ok I translated the ad he sells different kits for other models, If you haven't got a chrono the amount of pages pierced at a certain distance in a telephone directory is quite an accurate way gauging the power increase, keep us informed of your results. you may recieve a valve that has slightly larger holes than stock and a barrel gasket with better sealing properties this is quite a common mod in the USSR..see my post below yours on Makarov modifications.
    Last edited by vfrkid; 17-10-2008 at 08:41 AM.

East Hanningfield, near Chelmsford, Essex

Makarov tuning

I am sorry I didnt write the post very well. True the link I put up was for the 651k. However I purchased the kit for the 654k from the same chap. I dont know if he has any more for the 654k but the contact may be useful for any one considering tuning either. When I got the instructions it was interesting as I had the choice of Russian or German. Even with Google translate there were some funny translations that cropped up. Sorry if I misled anyone.
    Alan

You did say clearly that you bought a kit for the 654, I just read it too fast.