Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: !!!!!! Bargain pistol cases !!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Kingplinker View Post
    That looks like it , I have loads of ally cases but these would be ideal for me .

atvb

Dave
    Yes, as well as the Maplin case for the Izh-46, I got a set of the 3 cases from B&Q recently - I've other guns that will always fit in them - but their handles are a bit thin and uncomfortable to carry for any length of time.

Just re-checked the Tesco link, price has gone up to £7 now, though.

Iain

Quote Originally Posted by Iain K D View Post
    Yes, as well as the Maplin case for the Izh-46, I got a set of the 3 cases from B&Q recently - I've other guns that will always fit in them - but their handles are a bit thin and uncomfortable to carry for any length of time.

Just re-checked the Tesco link, price has gone up to £7 now, though.

Iain
    Ahhh but they have been banished to the cheapo bin ! 3 quid - I may have to buy a few .. hundred

Dave
    ]Never explain. Your friends do not need it and your enemies will not believe it anyway. ~ Elbert Hubbard[

Thumbs up

I prefer the hard cases but for that money you can't complain.
    AA S400 Classic GinB, Gamo Delta, HW45 .177 =] ASI Sniper .22

Well, my local Tesco didn't have any but, all this having got me thinking, I had a look in a discount shop and got a rather anonymous looking laptop bag for £6. Padding all round, a large extra pocket on the outside so it should do. The '46 fits in if you put it diagonally across the case, there are a couple of (laptop-size) retaining straps inside so I'll probably need to make up some extra bits of foam padding to go around the gun.

It will certainly be much more convenient to carry for any length of time than the aluminium case.

Derek, to fit a 15.4" laptop seems to be a fairly standard size, and an Izh-53 will also fit in diagonally, if this is any help.

Iain

Well, this is what it looks like padded to take the Izh-46:

http://i301.photobucket.com/albums/n...Baikal018C.jpg

Solid layer of 1" foam as a base, and then 1" foam cut to hold the pistol. On reflection, a 0.5" base and then 1.5" padding would probably have been better, but the lid is padded and soft enough for it not to be a problem. In practice, the Sizerpac and other plastic box (for spare pellets) go in some small zip-top pockets on the inside of the lid (the spaces at top left and bottom right are only partly for extra storage - mainly I didn't have enough to make the top layer of foam complete except for the gun.

Iain

Woolworths laptop bag

Bought one of these today to have as a spare since they are much more convenient to carry than the aluminium cases, it's actually a little smaller (interior about 27x38cm) but it'll still be handy for other stuff.

Looks nice enough, nice comfortable handle, the only cheap-and-nasty thing about it is the material that all the internal liners and pen/phone pockets are made from, it's got a sort of cheap carrier-bag noise when you crease it.

With the closing-down discount, it was just over £4 in my local Woolies.

Iain