Thread: The bug has bit

Smile The bug has bit

I have always enjouyed my old smoothbore webley but I've taken the plunge a bought an HW40 off the site.

I am now looking at an early christmas present to myself in the form of a CO2 self loader.

The CP88 looks attractive as does the CP99, caould anyone justify the extra £10 of the 99 over the 88.

Only want a plain black iron sighter as I like simple things (luckily so does my wife).

cheers

Jim McArthur is offline Frock coat wearing, riverboat dwelling, southern gent
    Welcome to the world of AP addiction.

There is no cure.

Jim
    UBC's Police Pistol Manager
    "Nasty, noisy things, revolvers, Count. Better stick to air-guns." Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure of the Mazarin Stone

Jim McArthur is offline Frock coat wearing, riverboat dwelling, southern gent
    Quote Originally Posted by 38thfoot View Post
    I have always enjouyed my old smoothbore webley but I've taken the plunge a bought an HW40 off the site.

I am now looking at an early christmas present to myself in the form of a CO2 self loader.

The CP88 looks attractive as does the CP99, caould anyone justify the extra £10 of the 99 over the 88.

Only want a plain black iron sighter as I like simple things (luckily so does my wife).

cheers

With either of them, you'll be good to go with out Police Pistol shoot.

Jim
    UBC's Police Pistol Manager
    "Nasty, noisy things, revolvers, Count. Better stick to air-guns." Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure of the Mazarin Stone

Quote Originally Posted by Jim McArthur View Post
    With either of them, you'll be good to go with out Police Pistol shoot.

Jim
    The CP88 and CP99 come on here quite often, so again buy off this site and save a few quid, plus they will already of had a tin or 2 threw them so they should be nicely bedded in.

it's really tough call between the 2 unless you bring the CP88 Competition in the frame, the comp is the same but has the 6" barrel so it's more accurate. if you can stretch to it go for the 6" Competition, I have had all three and the comp it by far the best, but for sheer pleasure and fun it would have to be the CP99.

atvb

Jason
    Last edited by cookie; 20-10-2008 at 03:54 PM.
    Fancy shooting your air pistols & rifles a bit more, then guy's & gal's come visit us at the
    UBC for loads of fun competitions for all types of air pistols and rifles.

ccccccc

cp88 any day,,,ive owned both

MojoCrow is offline It rubs the lotion on the anarchist ginger tom.....
    I find that the CP88 has a better trigger pull than the CP99.
    Customised AA S400 Carbine
    Ros beef, go home! www.buxtedshootingclub.co.uk SiHFT winners 2008 2009 2010

and as if by magic

http://www.airgunbbs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=317381

Bargain 6" Comp with Walnut grips £100
    Fancy shooting your air pistols & rifles a bit more, then guy's & gal's come visit us at the
    UBC for loads of fun competitions for all types of air pistols and rifles.

Question

How does the CP99 Sport compere, I couldn't work out the difference when looking at the catalogue to justify it being 2/3 price of normal CP99.

Is it just less metal involved?

I cant think of any difference, but the "Compact" version is cheaper than the CP99?

The compact has blowback and shoots bb's only. Where as the CP99 fires pellets in revolving mag's.

Looked at a pic of the Sport and the only differences I can see is the Safety indicator is white, my cp99 is red. And there is the writing on the top slide is different. Not actually had time to look at the spec's but may be different.

Tony
    UBC Secretary & Web-Manager
    THL Marksman of the Year 2010
    (Airgun Section)

The cp99 can be cocked manually by pulling the rear slide back and then fired, giving you better accuracy.
    The CPsport can not.

Regards chip
    www.hwownersforum.freeforums.org