Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: www.umarexboysclub.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by nyamazan View Post
    Yup, I do have a real name and email!
    Think I had to give them when I registered.
    Yours
    Jim, I mean Rod.

Cookie,

Would you be so good as to supply me with all the names n email adds of members please?

Tony
    UBC Secretary & Web-Manager
    THL Marksman of the Year 2010
    (Airgun Section)

Comming Soon

The new look site is nearing completion; in fact I just finished uploading 328 files to the new server for me to begin testing online.

WATCH THIS SPACE!!
    (Airgun Section)

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom Sniper View Post
    The new look site is nearing completion; in fact I just finished uploading 328 files to the new server for me to begin testing online.

WATCH THIS SPACE!!
    I'm watching, but nothings is happen.
    Fancy shooting your air pistols & rifles a bit more, then guy's & gal's come visit us at the
    UBC for loads of fun competitions for all types of air pistols and rifles.

Quote Originally Posted by cookie View Post
    I'm watching, but nothings is happen.

It will when you cast that magic spell I sent you

Tony
    (Airgun Section)

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom Sniper View Post
    It will when you cast that magic spell I sent you

Tony
    The spell has been cast.
    Fancy shooting your air pistols & rifles a bit more, then guy's & gal's come visit us at the

The magic has been done

Ladies and Gentlemen,

The new look UBC site has now been launched and is available for your viewing pleasure

Its still a work in progress, but the basics are there for you.

So come on over to www.umarexboysclub.co.uk

Many thanks to Jim AKA Target Bunny for allowing us to have our own little space on his server free of charge.

Please note site best viewed in Internet explorer and a screen res of 1024x768

Lets have your feedback please.

Tony
    (Airgun Section)

Beretta 92 fs

Hi I am new to this forum I have black 92 fs & also limited 1500 ppc stainless beretta and have been thinking about putting wood grips on both guns but have read they mark easly is that true. Cheers mark

I have wooden grips on my Beretta and CP88's, no problems here and they look great.

Airsoft for UBC?

Dear UBC,
    I am back in Thailand for a while, and was wondering if Airsoft pistols are allowed in the UBC (I am particularly interested in Jim's Police Pistol Competitions)? Air pistols require a licence "over here", so I became interested in Airsoft about three years ago. I have a Marui 1911A1 and a Glock 17(3G) which would be suitable, although I will need to get a spare mag for each.

I downloaded Jim's target this morning, and scored 103 with 12 rounds measuring from centre of BB strike (my target printed slightly smaller than A4).

Not to worry it they are not - just a thought .
    All the best,
    Last edited by Mr Meteor; 25-10-2010 at 07:08 AM. Reason: Clarification

magicniner is offline The Posh Knocking Shop Artist Formerly Known as Nocturnal Nick
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Meteor View Post
    Dear UBC,
    I am back in Thailand for a while, and was wondering if Airsoft pistols are allowed in the UBC (I am particularly interested in Jim's Police Pistol Competitions)? Air pistols require a licence "over here", so I became interested in Airsoft about three years ago. I have a Marui 1911A1 and a Glock 17(3G) which would be suitable, although I will need to get a spare mag for each.

I downloaded Jim's target this morning, and scored 103 with 12 rounds measuring from centre of BB strike (my target printed slightly smaller than A4).

Not to worry it they are not - just a thought .
    All the best,
    I think Paul55 has been competing with himself in Airsoft, some stiffer competition might be welcome
    ATB,
    Nick
    Airgun Repairs, Bespoke Airgun Smithing and Precision Engineering Services
    http://www.magic9designltd.com

Jim McArthur is offline Frock coat wearing, riverboat dwelling, southern gent
    Quote Originally Posted by magicniner View Post
    I think Paul55 has been competing with himself in Airsoft, some stiffer competition might be welcome
    ATB,
    Nick
    Paul's been competing with Airsoft, and with that very pistol.

We've just started the final Round of the current Season. so please have a go: it'll be a great warm-up for the next Season, which starts in November.

I could tell this Thread hasn't seen much action of late: Phantom Sniper appears heavily on the most current page, and he's seldom on here any more.

Jim
    UBC's Police Pistol Manager
    "Nasty, noisy things, revolvers, Count. Better stick to air-guns." Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure of the Mazarin Stone

Cheers, Nick and Jim.
    I will be making a suitable A4 target holder tomorrow after I have had another look through the rules (on the new website). I've also found a spare magazine which will fit my 1911A1.

I assume that if a shot touches a scoring ring, then you get the higher value? As wadcutters are obvioulsy out of the question with airsoft, what I propose to do is place a BB over the entry hole to see if it touches a scoring line.

All the best.
    Last edited by Mr Meteor; 26-10-2010 at 12:27 PM.

Jim McArthur is offline Frock coat wearing, riverboat dwelling, southern gent
    I assume that if a shot touches a scoring ring, then you get the higher value?
    Yes, that's our usual rule. One exception is that in our Vintage competition, the pellet must be entirely within the 6 ring to score a 6. But that's another comp: not applicable to Police.

Jim
    UBC's Police Pistol Manager
    "Nasty, noisy things, revolvers, Count. Better stick to air-guns." Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure of the Mazarin Stone

Cheers, Nick and Jim.
    I will be making a suitable A4 target holder tomorrow after I have had another look through the rules (on the new website). I've also found a spare magazine which will fit my 1911A1.

I assume that if a shot touches a scoring ring, then you get the higher value? As wadcutters are obvioulsy out of the question with airsoft, what I propose to do is place a BB over the entry hole to see if it touches a scoring line.

All the best.
    Hi Adrian

Thanks for your PM. I've sent you a reply.

Thats correct about the scoring & good & fair idea of how to score the shots on the target.

Look forward to seeing you in the competitions.

Regards
    Paddy.
    BE-HAPPY-OK

Thanks, Paddy.

Apologies if this seems a rather daft question, but should the shooter stand just behind/ at the firing line - as with the "ocky" in darts - or should the pistol barrel be just behind the firing line?