Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: www.umarexboysclub.co.uk

Jim McArthur is offline Frock coat wearing, riverboat dwelling, southern gent
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Meteor View Post
    Thanks, Paddy.

Apologies if this seems a rather daft question, but should the shooter stand just behind/ at the firing line - as with the "ocky" in darts - or should the pistol barrel be just behind the firing line?
    Stand so that your toes are on but not in front of the line.

The muzzle of your gun will be in front of the line. How much in front depends on the length of the gun. And of your arms.

Jim
    UBC's Police Pistol Manager
    "Nasty, noisy things, revolvers, Count. Better stick to air-guns." Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure of the Mazarin Stone

Thanks for the info, Jim.

UBC has already caused me to run out of gas - five new cannisters duly ordered - and this is before my first competition!

Adrian.

Paul55 is offline I get by with a little help from my friends
    Excellent, another air softer I sold all my lead shooters for air soft a while ago and am now the proud owner of a TM1911A1, TM1911A1MEU, Detonics Combat Master, for the new Police Pistol, a Colt Python 4" which the wife has taken ownership of & finally an KSC MP7 gas blowback. The last one is insane on full auto
    UBC Resident Cowboy
    St Paul of 55
    Been there, bought it, tried it, sold it

Quote Originally Posted by Paul55 View Post
    Excellent, another air softer I sold all my lead shooters for air soft a while ago and am now the proud owner of a TM1911A1, TM1911A1MEU, Detonics Combat Master, for the new Police Pistol, a Colt Python 4" which the wife has taken ownership of & finally an KSC MP7 gas blowback. The last one is insane on full auto
    Nice to meet you, Paul.

Yes, they are pretty good, aren't they? The attention to detail with the TM guns is amazing! I am very pleased with my 1911A1, which is nearly three years old (hope I'm not tempting fate!). I should imagine the MEU and Combat Master are both as good as the 1911 - the MEU being better for PP shooting given the higher profile sights (I'm making excuses before I start!).

However, I'm not sure I would recommend the G17 as the front of the slide has cracked on mine (this is due to the difference in design between the two pistols, the G17 metal inserts being less efficient than those on the 1911). I have repaired it - and it shoots well - it just looks like it's been in the wars!

Thanks to UBC, I have a good excuse to add to my collection! The TM Python sounds interesting as if we were to get a cartridge pistol (they are allowed here with a licence) I would choose a revolver first. Having said that, a variety of interesting Taiwanese manufactured pistols are becoming available in Thailand - such as an 8" Luger by WE - decisions, decisions!

As to your MP7 - I subscribe to a Thai magazine called "ChinGuns" and in looking for a revolver review I've just found one on an MP7A1 by KSC! I will have to have a look through the article and see what they have to say - with a little help from "Mrs Meteor" as it's all in Thai!

All the best,
    Adrian.
    Last edited by Mr Meteor; 27-10-2010 at 01:17 PM. Reason: Spelling, grammar - all the usual stuff!

I do find myself using the MEU most of the time. The sight picture is better than the 1911A1 as you say, also the MEU has a wider grip and maybe a wider body. Not sure of the latter. The Detonics is a real peach of a pistol. It fits your hand nicely and for such a small barreled pistol it is surprisingly accurate. Of course now I've said that, the new Pocket Pistol comp will show me up.

As for the MP7 try this link to RedWolf Airsoft, there is a very comprehensive review along with an illustrated strip down guide.

http://www.redwolfairsoft.com/redwol...l?reviewID=234

ATB
    Last edited by Paul55; 27-10-2010 at 01:12 PM.
    UBC Resident Cowboy
    St Paul of 55

Jim McArthur is offline Frock coat wearing, riverboat dwelling, southern gent
    Stop talking about airsoft or you'll have me buying more guns!

Jim
    UBC's Police Pistol Manager
    "Nasty, noisy things, revolvers, Count. Better stick to air-guns." Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure of the Mazarin Stone

Quote Originally Posted by Jim McArthur View Post
    Stop talking about airsoft or you'll have me buying more guns!

Jim
    Come on Jim, you know you want to join us I know you think your PPK is great, which it is, but try a Tokyo Marui Detonics Combat Master and you'll see another level of performance These really kick

http://www.airsoftatlanta.com/Produc...ductCode=90608
    Last edited by Paul55; 28-10-2010 at 07:56 AM.
    UBC Resident Cowboy
    St Paul of 55

Quote Originally Posted by Paul55 View Post
    I do find myself using the MEU most of the time. The sight picture is better than the 1911A1 as you say, also the MEU has a wider grip and maybe a wider body. Not sure of the latter. The Detonics is a real peach of a pistol. It fits your hand nicely and for such a small barreled pistol it is surprisingly accurate. Of course now I've said that, the new Pocket Pistol comp will show me up.

As for the MP7 try this link to RedWolf Airsoft, there is a very comprehensive review along with an illustrated strip down guide.

http://www.redwolfairsoft.com/redwol...l?reviewID=234

ATB
    Looks like you made a good choice! Jim will have to come up with a full auto competition!

However... I see there is a new "Police Rifle" competition - and guess who got an M4A1 GBB for his birthday?!? It's a Chinese copy of the WA GBB. I expected it to need some "TLC"... and it did - but as far as I'm concerned, that's part of the fun!

One of the (many) things which needed attention was a broken trigger sear. I have replaced it, but in so doing have lost full auto (at least for the time being). Won't make any difference to the comp, though.

Adrian.

Am I right in saying that I could print out those targets that are used? I've looked around that site but can't find a link to a PDF etc to be able to download those targets, the baddie one looks like fun!

Rayee is offline I don't need a gun; I've got an attack butterfly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Phantom Sniper View Post
    Hi all,

Come and join us

Tony
    The big clicky link doesn't work for me
    Toilet trained since March

Rayee is offline I don't need a gun; I've got an attack butterfly.
    yeah, I found it thanks matey, but was more concerned for other people who click the sticky, and can get no further. Perhaps I'll give Phantom Sniper a PM, don't want to lose any potential members.
    Toilet trained since March

Very true !

Tony hasn't been on here for a while - give his email a try maybe ?

Cheers

Roy

Thumbs up Prize Giveaway Competition From UmarexBoysClub & Me..

Hello everyone.. (mods i hope this was ok to post this here, i know your linked with UBC so hopefully it is.)

Umarex boys club and i have done a little prize giveaway competition, its free to enter so come have ago, it ends on the 14th of october 2015..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0daeUqmVmZ4

http://umarexboysclubforum.myfinefor...162af45b3dc89d

Good luck if you decide to enter

All the best, marc..
    Some of my favourite guns in. You collection, Umarex Beretta 92fs - Colt Custom 1911 - Walther Lever Action - TM Hi-Capa Custom Build Project - Colt SAA .45 & many more..

Don't forget how this section came about.

Quote Originally Posted by Rayee View Post
    The big clicky link doesn't work for me

Hi Guy's and Gal's

The Website is being updated, but the link will take you to all the fun on the forum, from here you can join in all the competitions, we have precision comps, speed comps, police comps, vintage comp and more, all shot at either 6 yds or 10m we even have a few for your rifles too. Or click on the link below to go straight to the competition site.

These comps are great fun and gives you a chance to use all you Spring, Co2, SSP and PCP pistols, and a lot can even be shot indoors if your short of room or if it's bad weather outside. Come along and show us what you have got, we have a section dedicated to show casing your pistols, and next too actually shooting them, seeing them all is the next best thing.

Don't be shy we are a good bunch of guy's and gal's, and yes Gal's you are more than welcome ignore the name, it was a joke name at the time that stuck, look back on the Gang thread in this section.

Happy Shooting

Cookie
    Last edited by cookie; 15-08-2017 at 11:31 PM.
    Fancy shooting your air pistols & rifles a bit more, then guy's & gal's come visit us at the
    UBC for loads of fun competitions for all types of air pistols and rifles.