Thread: Doubt it's collectable, but it is about 25 yrs.

Cool Doubt it's collectable, but it is about 25 yrs.

Just wondering if there were any advise on my ASI Sniper that I've owned since I was 13. I've now shot it for 20 yrs and still have a lot of plinking fun alongside my Weirauch HW 97k.

Thing is the rear sight wheels have both broken in my latest house move, so now I have cobbled it together using an old bolt to be able to adjust the height. With just enough plastic remaining of the side wheel to adjust.

How likely would it ever be to replace this rear sight? Are there any alternatives?

Would never get rid of it in a million years purely due to the masses of memories that come with it, but such a shame that I have had it for so long for this to happen.

Any ideas would be most welcome.

B.
    Back doin' what I love.

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire
    Firstly, hi Boggystone and welcome to the BBS and Collectors Corner (the best bit ). You may have to be patient waiting for one to come up but a rear sight off a Gamo of the era should do the trick, or maybe even one off a Meteor MkV ? Good luck with your quest as something suitable will come up, as it always does . Atb: G.
    Last edited by Gareth W-B; 18-10-2008 at 11:10 PM. Reason: to ad a welcome as this was Boggystone's first post.

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

try www.gunspares.co.uk They have an exploded diagram of the sniper and show the part numbers as:-

Height adjuster.... N039.

windage adjuster. B1343.

Whilst they are not listed under the sniper, if you look at the paratrooper (same rifle but repeater), they list the same a part numbers and show:-

N039.. £3.24

B1343. £5.18

It would obviously be advisable to speak to them but for my money they are the same parts.

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire
    Quote Originally Posted by Gareth W-B View Post
    Good luck with your quest as something suitable will come up, as it always does.
    Quote Originally Posted by markH View Post
    try www.gunspares.co.uk They have an exploded diagram of the sniper and show the part numbers as:-

Height adjuster.... N039.

windage adjuster. B1343.

Whilst they are not listed under the sniper, if you look at the paratrooper (same rifle but repeater), they list the same a part numbers and show:-

N039.. £3.24

B1343. £5.18

It would obviously be advisable to speak to them but for my money they are the same parts.
    ... Told you . Nice one markH . Atb: G.

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

Thanks, that is absoloutely brilliant stuff.

Really can't thank you enough for that Mark H.

Will have a look see what happens.

B.
    Back doin' what I love.