Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BSA Fore sight hoods

BSA Fore sight hoods

Hello All,

Pretty gloomy day where I am, very nice earlier on as I went for my morning run though. I need to get a life
    Sunday morning joke: Anyone got any original Airsporter MKI and/or MKII fore sight hoods, please ?
    Second joke: Any one got any of the clear plastic white topped tubs BSA put pellets in with new guns ?

Regards,

Sam

Hi Sam,

Quite a few people have been after the earlier BSA angular sight hoods, myself included, but they seem to be few and far between.
    Someone was going to attempt fabrication, but I don't know if anything ever came of it.
    I was going to post some pictures of the two types, but I can't find the earlier one at the moment, although I know it's here somewhere.

Question BSA Fore sight hoods

Try Chambers. OS062 (Ithink) is 'out of stock' for Airsporters.
    But OS062 (I think... please check) is available for BSA Magnum 635.
    Same part no. maybe same part???

Thanks for the reply's fella's,

Sam

Thumbs up BSA Fore sight hoods

No problem Sam99....original foresight hoods seem as rare as rhs!
    Bought one on fleabay months ago...cost me ....a lot!!!!!

John Knibbs International seem to have toyed with the idea of making these foresight hoods. If you send him an email registering an interest then he may consider making some if he thinks he can sell enough of them. Don't confuse these angular foresight hoods of the early marks of Airsporter with the rounded, anodised versions that came in during the 70s. The latter are still widely available.

What is a fair price for these things then? Any ideas?

good evening chaps,what do these hoods look like? only i'm sitting here with a hood in my hands(ooooh matron!!) and this looks like it slips over the barrel and fore sight as a unit as opposed to just sliding over the fore sight,it is made from a spring steel that has the bsa piled arms logo faintly stamped on it,is this the article in question? i don't know where it came from i haven't got any airsporters regards graham.

edbear2 Guest
    That last item sounds like a foresight protector....a nice quite hard to find item fitted to pre war guns.....have a look at this pic to see if this is the same!

http://flickr.com/photos/31228487@N0...7607860743867/

this one has always been with this gun, but they are quite a sought after item as they work so well, as long as you dont mind marking the barrel!

Hi mate thanks for the reply ,mine doesn't look like that,i'll try to describe it a bit better if you have the time to read it,looking at it from the front imagine a figure 8, the bottom ring fits snuggly over the barrel,the top ring is joined to the bottom ring with a rivet, the top ring tapers to give it the shape of the hood .from the side the length is about 1 inch and about 1inch high (square in other words)there is a groove runs between the top and bottom rings down the sides front to back.hope this makes sense (i really need a camera)regards graham

edbear2 Guest
    A couple of shots of the hood on my Mk 1 airsporter....these would need a bit more tooling to make than the later round ones....easily possible... but you would have to get somewhere to price a minimum batch qty., then see how many people out there wanted one, to get a unit price....maybe everyone who needs one should contact Mr Knibbs as suggested earlier...compared to the later ones, these really grip on well, so where have they all gone I wonder (once found a webley mk3 hood in the bottom of a carboot gunslip - so maybe thats it!).......pics at;

http://www.flickr.com/photos/3122848...57607860743867

Thanks edbear2.
    That is the best picture I have seen to date of the hood.
    Always thought wings as on military rifles were more practical then hoods but it would sure be nice to complete my MKI. The sight hood on my Webley MKIII was taken off by me befor it fell off and got lost. The BSA one looks far more robust.
    Barry

So what are these things worth? If someone found they had one to sell, what would be a fair asking price?

MK1 Hood

Hi Rob thay sell for around £30 if you have one to sell I will take it thanks Mark

Excuse me fella's , but how come I'm trying to buy a forsight hood for my Airsporter , yet some one else sems to be doing a deal on my thread ???????

Thats not on , surely ?

Sam
    Last edited by Sam99; 21-10-2008 at 06:36 PM.