Thread: boxed BSA Mercury S .177

boxed BSA Mercury S .177

BSA Mercury S .177 fired less than 50 shots like new boxed with all the bits £250
    kevin.sharpley@ntlworld.com

I'll take this please Kevin.
    Regards
    Richard

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    Quote Originally Posted by RustyBuzz View Post
    I'll take this please Kevin.
    Regards
    Richard
    You must be coming down with a strong dose of nostalgia! Something to compare to the Feinwerkbau Sport? The trigger on the Merc 'S' is better and so is the handling. If you get a Maccari spring you can sleeve the piston and get rid of the 'twang!'....

You must tell us how it shoots, with 30 yard groups sizes and everything. I can tell you are not going to hang it on the wall.

bsa mercury S

SOLD to Richard.

Quote Originally Posted by Hsing-ee View Post
    You must be coming down with a strong dose of nostalgia! Something to compare to the Feinwerkbau Sport? The trigger on the Merc 'S' is better and so is the handling. If you get a Maccari spring you can sleeve the piston and get rid of the 'twang!'....

You must tell us how it shoots, with 30 yard groups sizes and everything. I can tell you are not going to hang it on the wall.
    You read my mind Ali. I won the rifle that Geoff Boxall reviewed in Airgun world when the 's' was launched, at a FT competition back in the day. Then I sold it when I needed cash for my first car, a cr*p old Fiesta. Kids are so stooopid. That was a cracking rifle (for a BSA) so I'm really looking forward to this one.

I will let you know how it performs. I have an old Tasco 611 to put on it, can't wait.
    Last edited by RustyBuzz; 18-10-2008 at 04:59 PM.

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    Quote Originally Posted by RustyBuzz View Post
    You read my mind Ali. I won the rifle that Geoff Boxall reviewed in Airgun world when the 's' was launched, at a FT competition back in the day. Then I sold it when I needed cash for my first car, a cr*p old Fiesta. Kids are so stooopid. That was a cracking rifle (for a BSA) so I'm really looking forward to this one.

I will let you know how it performs. I have an old Tasco 611 to put on it, can't wait.
    I had a Merc 'S' recently but sold it on in a weak moment. Very graceful gun. I GAVE my old Tasco VFM611 2-6x20 to a rimfire club and never had the gall to ask for it back, its stuck on a Brno. I really wish I had kept it. You must have one of the only ones left in existence, I've never seen mention of one anywhere. The original airgunner's parallax-adjustable scope, lovely optics. Write the combo up for AGW maybe?

Do you mean one of these funny little scopes?

ATB
    Ian
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

Quote Originally Posted by I. J. View Post
    Do you mean one of these funny little scopes?

ATB
    Ian
    That's the monkey! Is there anything from the 80s you HAVEN'T got? A Sizerpac perhaps? Sussex Armoury pellet wristband?

Quote Originally Posted by Hsing-ee View Post
    That's the monkey! Is there anything from the 80s you HAVEN'T got? A Sizerpac perhaps? Sussex Armoury pellet wristband?
    A .177 Vixen.

ATB
    Ian
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk