Thread: Reactive sights

East Hanningfield, near Chelmsford, Essex

Reactive sights

I fancy a go at ppc and ipas and notice that some competitors are using the red dot / reactive type sights. Any users out there have a preference as to the various types and manufacturers. I know the Aimpoint are good but expensive. Any good alternatives? How about the cheapys you see on fleabay? Also does anyone know where one can buy, cheaply, portable popper targets for use at home to practice?
    Alan

MojoCrow is offline It rubs the lotion on the anarchist ginger tom.....
    IPAS is more addictive than drugs! I bought a Umarex Colt Tactical after trying it. I didn't think that i would get on with a red dot sight (i sell them at work and have had a look through many a so equipped pistol. I always struggled to keep the dot in view). I found that in practice, a red dot is better than open sights by a mile. It literally is a case of where the dot is, the shot goes.

There was a fella at the IPAS shoot i've been to who is a former practical pistol shooter and he had his old aimpoint mounted on his Umarex Colt. You could still see the dings and scratches on the sight from when brass hit it upon ejection!

The majority of red dot sights i've seen fitted to IPAS co2 pistols have been bought of that 'site' (you know, nudge nudge, wink wink). They are the same type that is found fitted to the Colt Tactical. Either the multi dot or multi reticule. http://www.umarex.com/index.php?id=p...ash=c8aadffd05.
    Customised AA S400 Carbine
    Ros beef, go home! www.buxtedshootingclub.co.uk SiHFT winners 2008 2009 2010

Red dot

Thanks MoJoCrow, your input was useful. I used to shoot practical with Real guns, great fun. I had a stainless .45 by a co called Essex Arms in the US. Always used open sights though. As I am getting on in years and my eyes are not what they once were I thought these may help.
    Alan

The 30mm red dots with variable brightness, sold by our sponsor are excellent value.

With them, you don't have the doubts about quality or even whether or not you will receive the goods either.
    Walther CP-2 Match, FAS 604 & Tau 7 target pistols, Smith & Wesson 6" & 4" co2 pistol, Crosman 1377,
    Baikal IZH 53 pistol, Gamo CFX Royal,177, Umarex SA-10 CO2 pistol.

Red dot

Derekm, you are absolutely right. Just checked out their red dot sights and value for money I think would be hard to beat. Low initial cost, low postage and no worry about customs charges etc. And if something was to go wrong with it no having to return it to China for a replacement. It makes a lot of sense to use our own suppliers. Use it or lose it as they say. Thanks for that
    Alan

I've had to return a couple of things to JSR (manufacturer's fault, not their's) and they were changed by return, no ifs, buts or questions.

It's not as if we pay a premium price to them; they are, I think, still the cheapest for most of our needs.

For heavy items like pellets, we do a bulk order from the club to minimise postage.
    Walther CP-2 Match, FAS 604 & Tau 7 target pistols, Smith & Wesson 6" & 4" co2 pistol, Crosman 1377,
    Baikal IZH 53 pistol, Gamo CFX Royal,177, Umarex SA-10 CO2 pistol.