Thread: Original Model 25 information please.

Original Model 25 information please.

Evening chaps,
    I'm after a bit of information about an old gun my mate wants me to have, it's an Original Model 25 "Made in Germany" in .22, rifled barrel. I would like to strip it and maybe put a new spring and seal etc. in it, don't know if i need a spring compressor, is there much preload. I haven't put it over the chrono yet so i don't know how healthy it is (not very by the feel of it), what should a good one be running at. It looks like a junior gun to me so maybe 7 or 8 ftlbs? Also where would i get a spring etc. for it.
    Any information on this little gun would be greatly appreciated.
    Regards Derek.

I take it i've put this in the right section?

Anyone?

edbear2 Guest
    Hi mate.following info from the hiller book....gun is the same as the late pre-war diana 25, and post war british (milbro-millard) diana 25 design taken as "spoils of war" !...very sturdy gun , a favorite in many fairgrounds due to its reliability...became available during 1951 as the original branded gun...made from early 1950's till early 70's....sold in america as the "gecado".....should be a trouble free strip with no worries about a spring compressor on this...for spares try t.w. chambers website, should be good availability as the parts you need should be common to all variants.

ATB Eddie

Quote Originally Posted by edbear2 View Post
    Hi mate.following info from the hiller book....gun is the same as the late pre-war diana 25, and post war british (milbro-millard) diana 25 design taken as "spoils of war" !...very sturdy gun , a favorite in many fairgrounds due to its reliability...became available during 1951 as the original branded gun...made from early 1950's till early 70's....sold in america as the "gecado".....should be a trouble free strip with no worries about a spring compressor on this...for spares try t.w. chambers website, should be good availability as the parts you need should be common to all variants.

ATB Eddie
    Thanks very much Eddie. Any idea what sort of power it should be running at.
    Regards Derek.

edbear2 Guest

Talking

Sorry mate no, might be worth doing a "google" on the different brands to find out the fps....this will give you a rough idea...you really need to know the pellet weight, so a good start is http://extorian.co.uk/shooting/pellets.html I think the F.P.S. figure is probably going to be more often quoted on the web than the power, as I remember from the 70's, we never talked about power, the sales brochures were all in fps!.......there is also a way of working out on paper....I think it is; FT/LBS =FT/SEC X 2 X WEIGHT OF PELLET (in grains) DIVIDED BY 450436.........let me know how you get on, I might have a dekko myself later (its stopped raining - I'me off out!!!!!!!)

ATB Eddie
    Hi, just had a look in the Forum, The diana 25/27 Series are NOT the same as the Original counterpart !
    I have Diana,s & originals, In 22, 23, 25, 27,35 & S versions,

I had these for sale earlier this year ( About £50 ) No takers, !
    The Originals, Are far superior to the Diana,s, They have the 3, Ball bearing trigger & An actual Aluminium trigger,
    The Original is a far better quality gun, ! ( Check chambers )

I also had for sale ( From a car boot ) a Crossman 1322, ( A real classic ) minus its barrel, & a SMK " Something " in .22 minus stock but mint condition, !

I offered both for what I paid, £ 4 Each, !!!!
    I have now done a " Pre-Charged " conversion to the 1322 , It shoots ???
    Alas, I cannot post pics on here now, put it on another Forum, Cheers,

edbear2 Guest
    Hi Ged, nice to see you mate, ......like I put in my answer earlier the info was from the hiller book, how accurate is the book in peoples opinions?

Hi Ged, nice to see you mate, ......like I put in my answer earlier the info was from the hiller book, how accurate is the book in peoples opinions?
    Hiya mate, good to hear from you ( As allway,s )
    Its like all the information thats put forward on the Forum, The Real information is what the members Know,

There is a thread earlier on the (Supposed Elevated power outputs ) of Pump up,s !!!!! He obviously doesn,t know Anything about these guns, And Or their efficiency ! & Yet, On an open forum state,s that the outputs were " Exaggerated "
    I Posted Outputs for Sheridan ( Almost 18 Fpe on 8 pumps ) Sharp ( 1000 Fps on 10 pumps in .177 ) Setra !! Do I need to go on, ? This information was posted with an independant validification,

The Performance charts have probably gone with the Pics/Clearance !!!
    I can no longer post Pics or charts Etc HERE, But they were there,
    There are MANY Members on here, With a wealth of experience/knowledge/Information,
    much greater than my own, Its THIS Knowledge/Info that is more relevant than an Author ( Even a good one )

believe all you read !
    Cheers

Information is ( As allway,s ) Past down, Some of it might not be exact ??
    You have to look at the source to verify it,s authenticity !

All the best,