Thread: hw45 .22

Exclamation hw45 .22

hello,
    I Am new to this forum.

Please can someone tell me how much a .22 hw45 with original grips and hardly used is worth as I am thinking of selling it due to the need of some money.

Your help would be most appreciated.
    P.seller99

Quote Originally Posted by p.seller99 View Post
    hello,
    I Am new to this forum.

Please can someone tell me how much a .22 hw45 with original grips and hardly used is worth as I am thinking of selling it due to the need of some money.

Your help would be most appreciated.
    P.seller99

Just my 2 cents worth. If it's 100% iro £160 and downward from there. They are quite sort after pistols, you should not have much trouble selling. The downside is you're a new member with no track record, so you may get someone wanting to do 'face to face' only.

Good luck Phil

=
    Last edited by Phil G; 21-10-2008 at 10:28 PM.

What he said.

And welcome to the forum

Regards chip
    www.hwownersforum.freeforums.org

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by Phil G View Post
    Just my 2 cents worth. If it's 100% iro £160 and downward from there. They are quite sort after pistols, you should not have much trouble selling. The downside is you're a new member with no track record, so you may get someone wanting to do 'face to face' only.

Good luck Phil

=
    Cheers, what is iro?
    Also I can't seem to access the selling section of this forum when I'm logged in, please advise to why this is and how I can rectify this problem as my account is activated.

Rgs
    P.seller99

Cheers, what is iro?

In the region of.

I think you have to have a few posts to access the sales section, and pm's
    (private messages)

Though I think someone may make an offer on this thread,

Good luck, Phil

hope so.
    It's all oiled and ready to shoot. I've had about 8 shots out of it max. Shame I have to sell it. The best gun I have ever had, but better let somene else enjoy it rather than it stuck in my closet.
    Looking for around £200 delivered for it, all oiled and ready to go. Hopefully someone will purchase soon as the mrs needs a car.

Cheers.

hope so.
    It's all oiled and ready to shoot. I've had about 8 shots out of it max. Shame I have to sell it. The best gun I have ever had, but better let somene else enjoy it rather than it stuck in my closet.
    Looking for around £200 delivered for it, all oiled and ready to go. Hopefully someone will purchase soon as the mrs needs a car.

Cheers.
    You also have to have your nearest town in your profile...county not enough....
    Welcome aboard.......Eric.

Quote Originally Posted by eredel View Post
    You also have to have your nearest town in your profile...county not enough....
    Welcome aboard.......Eric.
    Cheers.

Does anyone know what year the hw45's were made and how come guns arnt made as good as they used to?

Thanks for everything guys.

Does anyone know what year the hw45's were made and how come guns arnt made as good as they used to?

Thanks for everything guys.
    Production started in 1984/85 and they are still being made today. The HW45 seems to have started with serial number 350,000... while the Beeman P1 label started with serial number 300,000. The HW45 serial numbers are now over 400,000.

I purchased my HW45 back in early 2002 and the quality seems fine. I can't comment on the latest examples, since I haven't handled any.

http://my.tbaytel.net/~coopers@tbaytel.net/HW45Review/

Here is a copy/paste from Tom Gaylord in the Pyramyd Air blog (from Oct 24th). I cannot support or deny his comment because I haven't handled a more recent HW45 than my 2002 example.

"The Beeman P1, which is also the Weihrauch HW45, is a classic air pistol. I have no idea how much longer it'll be made, but it's never been cheapened, so the gun you buy today is the same as the gun bought in the 1990s." (Tom Gaylord, aka BB Pelletier)

Cheers,
    Todd
    Last edited by TCooper; 25-10-2008 at 04:36 PM.