Thread: Umarex mystery

East Hanningfield, near Chelmsford, Essex

Umarex mystery

What is it with Umarex. My Umarex 92 FS dont fit 92FS holsters. Their ,Umarex, blank firing Walther C99 fits the Fobus Holster, their CP99 dont. I thought they were same size and weight as original. Obviously not. Why bother to change dimensions? What is it a trade mark thing or a copyright thing or something? Or do they just want us to buy their holsters? I cant see the point, very annoying.
    Alan

Quote Originally Posted by schony View Post
    What is it with Umarex. My Umarex 92 FS dont fit 92FS holsters. Their ,Umarex, blank firing Walther C99 fits the Fobus Holster, their CP99 dont. I thought they were same size and weight as original. Obviously not. Why bother to change dimensions? What is it a trade mark thing or a copyright thing or something? Or do they just want us to buy their holsters? I cant see the point, very annoying.
    Alan

Like you I don't understand. I have a CP99 and bought a Fobus holster. Had to remove the rivets from the two halves and space them out. Like 7mm spacers. Still, it works for now

Go buy yourself a Viper RFA holster. Fully adjustable for just about all pistols Darn sight cheaper than Fobus as well

Tony
    UBC Secretary & Web-Manager
    THL Marksman of the Year 2010
    (Airgun Section)

Wink khi

im selling a fully adjustable holster

Phil G

Great minds etc. Just sussed thats the best thing to do. What did you use to fix the sides again, small bolts?
    Alan

Great minds etc. Just sussed thats the best thing to do. What did you use to fix the sides again, small bolts?
    Alan

That's right, spaced it with small washer and then nut & bolts. Don't look pretty, but works 100%.

Good luck, Phil

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom Sniper View Post
    Go buy yourself a Viper RFA holster. Fully adjustable for just about all pistols Darn sight cheaper than Fobus as well

Tony
    Tony I tried but they dont do a left hander!!
    Alan

These people do, contact them for shipping details

http://www.speedytoys.com/shop/item.asp?itemid=295

Viper do do left handed drop-leg/tactical holsters.

Tony
    UBC Secretary & Web-Manager
    THL Marksman of the Year 2010
    (Airgun Section)

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom Sniper View Post
    These people do, contact them for shipping details

http://www.speedytoys.com/shop/item.asp?itemid=295

Viper do do left handed drop-leg/tactical holsters.

Tony
    Thanks for that Tony. I dont think the drop leg tactical is legal for IPAS or Practical? If anyone knows better please let me know but I think leg ties are out and the gun has to be worn on the strong hip with the top of the grip no lower than the top of the belt. I do like the look of the link you sent me, and cheap. I will see what postage comes to.
    Thanks
    Alan

Alan

Hi Schony, just seen this on the net.

The holster won't release my gun, its way too tight. If your holster is too tight:

1) The holster must be mounted on your belt, NOT held in your hands. With the weapon unloaded, you must draw the weapon straight out of the holster along the line of the cant. This is a design feature to prevent others from taking your weapon. Your draw must be a quick pull without hesitation or stopping during the draw to overcome the passive retention system of Fobus holsters. You should practice this draw 25-50 times a day until you are confident and comfortable with it.

2) If the draw is still to difficult, you can lubricate the inside of the holster, especially the trigger guard area (where there is the most retention) with light gun oil, silicone spray, or Armor All.

3) Spread the trigger guard area apart with your thumbs to loosen the resistance.

CP99 Holster

Thanks Phil G, I have purchased one of the Walther pancake style holsters in leather. It can be worn either side which is great. The only thing is it is very tight and hard to draw as the fit is so good. I am leaving the 99 in the holster for a few days. Seeing as it is leather it will give a bit. Indeed I believe I could use neats foot oil on the inside and that will do both, ease the draw and soften the leather to enable it to stretch that little bit more. Has anyone bought or used the RAM pistols. They look like fun.
    Alan

Why bother to change dimensions? What is it a trade mark thing or a copyright thing or something? Or do they just want us to buy their holsters? I cant see the point, very annoying.
    Alan
    I understand that they had to make it a little wider to fit the 8 shot rotary mag in it.
    My Club: http://www.wendoverarc.co.uk
    Rifles: Air Arms S400 - Air Arms TX200HC - Webley MkII Service Rifle - BSA Imp Model D
    Pistols: Webley Seniors - Webley Juniors - Beretta 92FS - Cobra Crossbow

Quote Originally Posted by Point & Click View Post
    I understand that they had to make it a little wider to fit the 8 shot rotary mag in it.
    That would make sense. I couldnt understand why they did it but, yes, that would make sense. Thanks for clearing up the mystery.
    Alan