Thread: Shooting Jacket - where to buy

Shooting Jacket - where to buy

Had my introduction to Precision Rifle last night as a probationary club member - after a 30 yr lay off! Great fun it was too.

And although the club loaned me a shooting jacket, it was somewhat too small for me - all of them were too small! Not called BigDuncs for nothing.

Where is a good place to buy jackets? The obvious is Bisley and especially so since I work only several miles from Bisley Camp.

But since I believe the cost could be around about £200, any other suggestions will be welcome since I'll probably need to buy junior one as well!

Thanks in advance

Shooting Jacket

Hi BigDuncs
    There is a chap on Stirton.com selling two Centex shooting jackets S/H,one size 48 the other 50. He is asking £55 each,look in the loot section.
    Peter

Thanks Peter
    Didn't even know the site existed!
    Have registered to view the for sale Loot forum. Cheers, D

I advise caution with regards to Bisley - the two obvious places are Fultons and the NSRA shop, and both are rather pricey.

I'd recommend you get in contact with Ian Gibb who runs Tenring. He has a tiny little room at Bisley that he opens up during the main meetings, but a larger shop somewhere in Woking. He's very good - he'll go through his extensive selection of off-the-peg stuff and make sure you get one that's a really good cut to fit you, or else he can measure you up and order made-to-measures if you're a really funny shape.

Tenring Sport Services
    PO Box 354
    Woking
    Surrey GU21 4YT
    Tel: (01483) 728958
    Fax: (01483) 763703
    Mobile: 078 31 156535
    Failing that, Donald McIntosh at Edinkillie (google it) sorted me out with a very nice made-to-measure Monard jacket for £240. He also has off-the-pegs for cheaper. He's based in Scotland but is Asst Coach to the GB Squad, so he's regularly at Bisley. Get in contact with him and he'll let you know when he's next down (usually at least once a month) and can bring stuff down for you to try. Mac is also on Stirton, so you can PM him there.
    "A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity." Sigmund Freud
    Shooting is my meditation

Hemmers
    Thats great info as well. The Centrex jackets may be a bit big for me so will follow this up as well.
    Really useful, thanks.

Monard themselves sell used ones which are substantially cheaper.

http://www.monard.se/begagnat/jackor_eng.htm

Never seem to have my colour though !

Tenring

Like Hemmers, I recommend Tenring.

The german version of that auction site usually has loads of jackets at very cheap prices.

http://sport.shop.####.de/items/Schu...Q_sopZ1QQ_scZ1

Lots get sold at only 10-20 Euro

edit - looks like this site doesn't like the mention of e-b-a-y . You'll have to replace the #### in the url I gave or do a search for Schießjacke.

Dunc

Chris and Sandy at Bedford Target Supplies stock different types of "off the peg" jackets, Kurt Thune and Anschutz starting at very reasonable prices

www.befordtargetsupplies.co.uk

Or if you want to go for a made to measure, Sandy would measure you up for a Kurt Thune, but this is a more expensive route.

Alan

johnny k is offline Models mankinis for Ann Summers.

and another

Chinese springer 0.22, HW100 .177. Selection of powder burners
    When there were extra pies to eat, I avoided them.

I've just bought a Schultz jacket from Intershoot, £90+post. Very pleased with it.