Thread: Recommendations for fun/target pistol

Recommendations for fun/target pistol

I'm looking for recommendations for a pistol for my son. Sorry if you don't agree with the following order but...
    1) It must look good!
    2) It should look authentic.
    3) It must not require expensive PCP accessories.
    4) I'd rather it wasn't CO2 as they always seem to leak on him.
    5) It must be accurate as I want to borrow it and use it on a 10m range.
    6) Price - no more than £150 absolute max - I'd rather it was close to £100.

Many thanks.

Gamo compact? heard good things about it. looks kinda cool to! and heard IZH-53 and Weihrauch HW40 are good also all fall in your budget i belive.

All these guns i was considering buying but then held out saved a little more cash and got a really sweet IZH-46M.

HW40 looks similar to the Deagle, Very accurate, good price.
    No Co2 or PCP devices.

Tony
    UBC Secretary & Web-Manager
    THL Marksman of the Year 2010
    (Airgun Section)

I have to agree with Tony, the HW40 ticks all your boxes.

I have 2 they are great pistols, they will grow with your ability for a long time to come, it has an intergrated 11mm rail so you can add a Scope/red dot etc. if needs be it is easy to work on.

you and your son should join the Umarex Boys Club (UBC) and tke part in our pistol Comp, it's all about fun and for everyone wether a first timer or serious pistol head. have a look at our thread at the top of the pistol sections or look at www.umarexboysclub.co.uk

atvb

Jason
    Fancy shooting your air pistols & rifles a bit more, then guy's & gal's come visit us at the
    UBC for loads of fun competitions for all types of air pistols and rifles.

Jim McArthur is offline Frock coat wearing, riverboat dwelling, southern gent
    Quote Originally Posted by cookie View Post
    I have to agree with Tony, the HW40 ticks all your boxes.

I have 2 they are great pistols, they will grow with your ability for a long time to come, it has an intergrated 11mm rail so you can add a Scope/red dot etc. if needs be it is easy to work on.

you and your son should join the Umarex Boys Club (UBC) and tke part in our pistol Comp, it's all about fun and for everyone wether a first timer or serious pistol head. have a look at our thread at the top of the pistol sections or look at www.umarexboysclub.co.uk

atvb

Jason
    I second Cookie's message on both the pistol and the Club.

Jim
    UBC's Police Pistol Manager
    "Nasty, noisy things, revolvers, Count. Better stick to air-guns." Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure of the Mazarin Stone

some of the co2 pistols asre very good the umarex ones. I am currently looking for a S&W 6"!!
    AA S400 Classic GinB, Gamo Delta, HW45 .177 =] ASI Sniper .22

yep gamo compacts are very accurate, quite hard to cock though. there cheap to!
    AA S400 Classic GinB, Gamo Delta, HW45 .177 =] ASI Sniper .22

For £100, a s/h Gamo Compact, or for less, a new Gamo P45 (basically the Compact, a slightly less sophisticated trigger and without the wood grips, which may be too big for a lad).

The Baikal 53M , a springer, is also robust, well made and accurate, though the accuracy depends very much on the mutt on the butt! If he has patience, a 53 will really teach him to shoot pistol.
    Walther CP-2 Match, FAS 604 & Tau 7 target pistols, Smith & Wesson 6" & 4" co2 pistol, Crosman 1377,
    Baikal IZH 53 pistol, Gamo CFX Royal,177, Umarex SA-10 CO2 pistol.