Thread: FOR SALE: Hammerli Model 4. 0.177"

FOR SALE: Hammerli Model 4. 0.177"

As above - this rifle belongs to a friend who has no interest in this rifle and he's asked me to sell it for him. I have no financial interest in its sale, I'm just doing it as a favour, therefore my description is totally impartial.

Condition: The stock appears to be finished as per the manufacturers specification, there are no cracks and it has a generally good shine to the stain finish. There are a few minor dings but nothing serious at all.

The metal work is generally rusty but the underlying blued finish is still apparent. Having seen some old rifles which were much more rusty than this one, I have no doubt it could be successfully re-blued.

The side mounted cocking action is good as is the release. The original open sights are fitted BUT the trigger guard is missing - this is frustrating because the owner has this but just can't locate it. The loading tap is stiff to turn but its mechanism is not rusted up - I think it's lack of use. I do not know the power output of the rifle but it does fire - I scrounged some pellets to check this. I would say that it is typical of a rifle which requires a strip, new washers and relubrication.

This is a heavy full sized rifle measuring 44" and weighing 8lb 10ozs.

I will send photographs on request to your private email address following receipt of a PM.

The postage will be £9.30 Second Class Parcels - the owner wants £60.00 so will split the cost of postage.

Hi, Pm sent re pictures. Would like first refusal please if pictures measure up.

Dfor.

Hammerli Model No.4

SOLD to Dfor.