Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: webley service mk2 air rifle .22 & German 19th century Bugelspanner .25 for sale

webley service mk2 air rifle .22 & German 19th century Bugelspanner .25 for sale

Hi, selling my webley service mk2 air rifle, rifle is the last version of the mk2 model with intercepting sear on piston, no safety catch & stronger type rear lateral & elevating flip up peep sight. sometime in its life it had the piston bored out to accept the mk3 mainspring & had the piston ring seal changed to the front mounted leather cup seal . the spring & the leather cup were knackered when I bought the air rifle & they have now been replaced with new parts . breech sealing ring was also knackered & has been replaced with a thick nitrile rubber seal .Now the rifle shoots very well . very nicely figured walnut stock which hasnt been refinished but has been reoiled .there are a few scratches & dings to the stock but its very nice overall with good crisp chequering . butt plate is original horn with no delamination . the rifle has been reblued & there are no rust patches. stamped lettering & winged pellet logo are a little faint in places . rifle is in an old leather on wood case which is lined with green baize . there is a place for a 2nd barrel in the case but there is only 1 barrel with the rifle in 5.5mm / .22 calibre . bore is very good . matching serial numbers No. s 10545 which would make it late 1930s ..... i think. The air rifle is in Poland at present but I will be bringing it back to the U.K next week. Im looking for 450 pounds for this Air rifle ( with proof of age ) or better still, collection in person from the London area . please contact me for images / details
    Last edited by customstocker; 27-06-2013 at 11:36 AM.

A couple of photos would be nice before I come to collect

Quote Originally Posted by customstocker View Post
    Hi, selling my webley service mk2 air rifle, rifle is the last version of the mk2 model with intercepting sear on piston, no safety catch & stronger type rear lateral & elevating flip up peep sight. sometime in its life it had the piston bored out to accept the mk3 mainspring & had the piston ring seal changed to the front mounted leather cup seal . the spring & the leather cup were knackered when I bought the air rifle & they have now been replaced with new parts . breech sealing ring was also knackered & has been replaced with a thick nitrile rubber seal .Now the rifle shoots very well . very nicely figured walnut stock which hasnt been refinished but has been reoiled .there are a few scratches & dings to the stock but its very nice overall with good crisp chequering . butt plate is original horn with no delamination . the rifle has been reblued & there are no rust patches. stamped lettering & winged pellet logo are a little faint in places . rifle is in an old leather on wood case which is lined with green baize . there is a place for a 2nd barrel in the case but there is only 1 barrel with the rifle in 5.5mm / .22 calibre . bore is very good . matching serial numbers No. s 10545 which would make it late 1930s ..... i think. The air rifle is in Poland at present but I will be bringing it back to the U.K next week. Im looking for 450 pounds for this Air rifle ( with proof of age ) or better still, collection in person from the London area . please contact me for images / details . I also have a late 19th century German smooth bore Bugelspanner gallery air rifle in .25 calibre , nicely figured walnut stock with no cracks & nearly all of the chrome plating left on the metalwork. every piece of this air rifle is stamped with a matching serial number ...including the stock & fore stock. good crisp action , I have just finished rebuilding the compression chamber with new 20mm thick leather seals .( original seals were worn out but also included with the rifle) the springs are frighteningly powerful on this air rifle & these are the only parts to display a makers mark of any kind... a type of sun symbol in a circle . the barrel is octagonal with a mirror bore. the rear sight is adjustable laterally & for elevation , the trigger guard is the earlier scroll type. the rifle is in original , unmolested condition , the stock has been cleaned but not refinished . some rust to screw heads & some peeling chrome to butt plate . overall a really, really good example , again, please mail me for images .serial No. 438 ( 18438 on barel underside) Im looking for offers for this one. thanks for looking .
    Re. the Bugelspanner I'm afraid you have to state a firm sale price, although people can then make lower offers. Them's the forum rules for sales threads.
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

service rifle

i will take the service rifle please subject to it's being as described.

service rifle

sorry guys i made a mistake here. i'am withdrawing my offer. nothing to do with the
    ad.

Is the bugelspanner break barrel or twist barrel loading?
    Demic, miserable, grumpy old git! Feinwerkbau Sport Appreciation Society.
    I don't mind what sexual, religious or political persuasion you are, just don't impose them on me!!

photos of webley service air rifle & bugelspanner air rifle

Quote Originally Posted by Binners View Post
    A couple of photos would be nice before I come to collect
    photos are on this page

for the webley .....

photobucket.com/webleyservice

for the bugelspanner ...

photobucket.com/bugelspanner

thanks for looking .

as I have to state a price for the bugelspanner , I will put a price up later today , its the more common breech tip up for loading, type , not the twist barrel type . cheers .

bottom link not working ,
    , .22 Midas , .177 TX200 SR. ZASTAVA PISTOL.177.

cant see the pictures

bugelspanner url link

Thanks for letting me know , its working on my computer, its a sub folder attached to the webley images , I just tried it & its working for me . I will sell this bugelspanner air rifle for 375 pounds , that is , if anybody is interested. its very nice condition , inside & out ( the mainsprings for example, have most of their original blueing & no rust whatsoever ) I kept the original leather piston seal washers also, which are split but are interesting at least & will be included with the rifle. I dont have a chrono to test it, but its shooting alot better than I expected after reading articles about these types of guns.especially when you consider that the breech seal is metal against metal !!!

The Bugelspanner photos link worked on my pc.

Here is the link copied from the Photobucket page http://s1191.photobucket.com/albums/...20air%20rifle/
    I collect vintage Japanese air rifles & vintage Japanese pellets
    Information sought about antique firearms with Japanese markings, do you have one ?

Neither photo link works for me. This message appears for both: We're sorry, we cannot find the page you requested.

Links

Quote Originally Posted by Tantomurata View Post
    The Bugelspanner photos link worked on my pc.

Here is the link copied from the Photobucket page http://s1191.photobucket.com/albums/...20air%20rifle/
    This link worked for me.

service

i will definately take the service rifle. sorry for the earlier hickup. will send you a pm.

Quote Originally Posted by micky View Post
    This link worked for me.
    Me too, but the original links still don't work, so no 'Service' pictures yet.