Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: U.B.C. Results for the MEET 25.10.08

Cheers Matt, Cheers "Two Spoons"

Seriously, Many thanks

Tony
    UBC Secretary & Web-Manager
    THL Marksman of the Year 2010
    (Airgun Section)

Sorry they're a bit rough, but I hate that camera.

Saving for a Canon 450d
    "Improvise, adapt and overcome."

I can count to potato.

Jim McArthur is offline Frock coat wearing, riverboat dwelling, southern gent
    Quote Originally Posted by Phantom Sniper View Post
    Hi Jim,
    Its a shame we could'nt do a link up, but Im working on one for the future
    If I had had the financal resources a few weeks ago it would have been implemented! But hey, thats life. The time zone differential would have made it awkward as well.

How did you do the video? Digital Video Camera, RAM Disk or a tape camera?

ATB
    Tony
    Tony, I'm gonna have Jan answer that, she talks that techno talk. Now here she is....

....Hi, Tony! I had a lot of fun fooling around with the video and took far to much of it - 58 minutes worth, as a matter of fact. I will need to splice it somehow, because when I tried to send it, it wouldn't load.

Anyway, I bought a very nice Logitech brand QuickCam Pro 9000. It takes great videos - clear and without too much of the lag time that you often find in Web Cams. There is something called Carl Zeiss Optics in it that makes it revolutionary - like Americans!

I downloaded the newest versions of Skype, Yahoo Messenger, and Windows Live Messenger so that I could do a live video chat with anyone!! I then put James Driver's web address in the contacts list and waited. Unfortunately, I had not contacted him sufficiently before the meet to ensure that he knew what I was doing, and that I had even been able to get a camera. Sorry about that.

I hope to be able to see you all by remote video in May at the next match. That will be so much fun! I would like it even better if I could film me in Coventry at the match in person!!

Cheers,

Jan
    UBC's Police Pistol Manager
    "Nasty, noisy things, revolvers, Count. Better stick to air-guns." Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure of the Mazarin Stone

Quote Originally Posted by Jim McArthur View Post
    Tony, I'm gonna have Jan answer that, she talks that techno talk. Now here she is....

....Hi, Tony! I had a lot of fun fooling around with the video and took far to much of it - 58 minutes worth, as a matter of fact. I will need to splice it somehow, because when I tried to send it, it wouldn't load.

Anyway, I bought a very nice Logitech brand QuickCam Pro 9000. It takes great videos - clear and without too much of the lag time that you often find in Web Cams. There is something called Carl Zeiss Optics in it that makes it revolutionary - like Americans!

I downloaded the newest versions of Skype, Yahoo Messenger, and Windows Live Messenger so that I could do a live video chat with anyone!! I then put James Driver's web address in the contacts list and waited. Unfortunately, I had not contacted him sufficiently before the meet to ensure that he knew what I was doing, and that I had even been able to get a camera. Sorry about that.

I hope to be able to see you all by remote video in May at the next match. That will be so much fun! I would like it even better if I could film me in Coventry at the match in person!!

Cheers,

Jan
    Hi Jim & Jan.

The techno talk went WAY over my head.

However if you start saving now, we'll see you both at the Greyhound for the next one

Regards
    Paddy
    BE-HAPPY-OK

Quote Originally Posted by Jim McArthur View Post

I downloaded the newest versions of Skype, Yahoo Messenger, and Windows Live Messenger
    Cheers,

Jan
    Hi guy's I use Live messenger, occasionally.
    You can put the video in to a shared folder and I can d/l it and tighten it up a bit. I can then put it on the website so everyone can see it.

I really regret not using the camcorder that I took to Coventry as much as I had hoped.

It would have been a great idea to have gotten the awards presentation on video (trouble is I HATE seeing myself on video).
    I shall set about finding you on the live messenger in a few mins.

TTFN
    Tony
    UBC Secretary & Web-Manager
    THL Marksman of the Year 2010
    (Airgun Section)

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom Sniper View Post
    Hi guy's I use Live messenger, occasionally.
    You can put the video in to a shared folder and I can d/l it and tighten it up a bit. I can then put it on the website so everyone can see it.

I really regret not using the camcorder that I took to Coventry as much as I had hoped.

It would have been a great idea to have gotten the awards presentation on video (trouble is I HATE seeing myself on video).
    I shall set about finding you on the live messenger in a few mins.

TTFN
    Tony
    You would of needed an assistant as you kept on winning the awards
    BE-HAPPY-OK