Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: U.B.C. Results for the MEET 25.10.08

U.B.C. Results for the MEET 25.10.08

Hi

Sorry for late posting, my internet kept crashing

First of all I'd like to say thank you to everyone that turned up & partcipitated in our first U.B.C Meet & the kindness that you showed towards me & my family

Also to Dave who let us use the Greyhound for the Venue, Jason, Jim & Tony for there input on the day & behind the scenes

I thoughly enjoyed today, even when I got too excited & banged my head off the roof . & I was really happy with the feedback that we got. Our next meet will hopefully be in April/May time so it should be abit warmer.

Here are the results for the Main Competition & Sideshoot

All other details can be found on the Competition Website

I shall upload some photos from today in due coarse.

Photos >HERE< (only took me 1.5 hrs to upload them, photobucket has become really slow recently)
    Once again thank you for today, "it's been emotional"

Sorry to Jim & Jan that we could not sort out a web link for today Hopefully next time we can get that bit sorted

Regards
    Paddy.
    Last edited by Pad. E; 26-10-2008 at 12:00 AM.
    BE-HAPPY-OK

Big thanks!

To you and your family for all your hard work in organising the day.
    Along with Jason and the other guys who helped make the day a roaring success.
    It was my first competition so I didn`t know what to expect, IT WAS BRILLIANT! and great food too!.

Thanks again Paddy

Regards
    Ian
    Never approach a bull from the front, a horse from the rear, or a fool from any direction!

Jim McArthur is offline Frock coat wearing, riverboat dwelling, southern gent
    Wish we could have been there in person. We WERE shooting at the same time, though. One of these years....

Jim
    UBC's Police Pistol Manager
    "Nasty, noisy things, revolvers, Count. Better stick to air-guns." Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure of the Mazarin Stone

Jim McArthur is offline Frock coat wearing, riverboat dwelling, southern gent
    Thanks to Pad and Jason and Jim D. and Tony and the whole Gang for participating! You also took some great photos.

The web cam didn't make a go, it's true: however, we did do a video of our shooting (or some of it). Maybe we can transmit it to you somehow? You might get a kick out of seeing Jan's smiling face, my scowling one and incoherent babblings, and also our back yard-range.

The weather was brighter and warmer here than there, and we have some trees here that you might find strange for a back yard..

Jim
    UBC's Police Pistol Manager
    "Nasty, noisy things, revolvers, Count. Better stick to air-guns." Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure of the Mazarin Stone

Quote Originally Posted by Aitch View Post
    To you and your family for all your hard work in organising the day.
    Along with Jason and the other guys who helped make the day a roaring success.
    It was my first competition so I didn`t know what to expect, IT WAS BRILLIANT! and great food too!.

Thanks again Paddy

Regards
    Ian
    Thank you Ian.

It did turn out better than I was expecting also, as it was the first time I put together a competition with the help from my friends & family

Quote Originally Posted by Jim McArthur
    Thanks to Pad and Jason and Jim D. and Tony and the whole Gang for participating! You also took some great photos.

The web cam didn't make a go, it's true: however, we did do a video of our shooting (or some of it). Maybe we can transmit it to you somehow? You might get a kick out of seeing Jan's smiling face, my scowling one and incoherent babblings, and also our back yard-range.

The weather was brighter and warmer here than there, and we have some trees here that you might find strange for a back yard..

Jim
    My wife Helen took the photos all 95 of them , I just condensed it, as it took ages for those to load up

Delta1 also took some photos of the day & Phantom Sniper had a vidoe recorder. I look forward to seeing those.

Also I'd like to see your recording of your shoot & those trees.

Regards
    Paddy.
    BE-HAPPY-OK

Exclamation ATTENTION Please

Quote Originally Posted by Pad. E View Post
    Phantom Sniper had a vidoe recorder. I look forward to seeing those.

Regards
    Paddy.
    Sadly I did'nt use it a great deal, I would have left it running if it had been a little more formal, but then having said that, I would have needed to have been turning from shooter to target and then back again and I wouldnt have had the time to shoot myself or have the fun that I did have

I didnt get to use the three cameras I had taken as well although I got a perfectly timed shot of the muzzle blast from your P23 which I will send you.

Paddy can you put all those pix on a cd and send them to me and then I can use some of them to put together the article for Terry Doe

Also guy's and gals can I have some statements from you about the event, what you liked about it, so I can quote you for the magazine article?

Especially welcome would be a piece from Cheryl as I know she had a lot of fun and took part despite her having no interest in pistols (think we did a good job of converting her)

Paddy, can you also get the first name of that young lad who decided to put his rifle down and come and join in the fun with us pistol shooters. He was awe struck by the pistols and he really did enjoy shooting them.

ATB
    Tony
    Last edited by Phantom Sniper; 27-10-2008 at 07:19 PM.
    UBC Secretary & Web-Manager
    THL Marksman of the Year 2010
    (Airgun Section)

Delta ONE

Delta1

I know you took a bit more time and a lot more images of the event than I did. Can I use some of your images for the article please?

Credits for the pix will be duely given to each of the contributing photographers

Tony
    (Airgun Section)

Uploaded them all to a PB account but could not make just the one album public.

Relaoding them to another account in a while....
    "Improvise, adapt and overcome."

I can count to potato.

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom Sniper View Post
    Especially welcome would be a piece from Cheryl as I know she had a lot of fun and took part despite her having no interest in pistols (think we did a good job of convering her)
    Good idea Tony, I'm sure Cheryl will be happy to do a write-up - she was really surprised that she'd enjoyed herself so much, all credit to you guys for putting on such a great day.

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom Sniper View Post
    Paddy, can you also get the first name of that young lad who decided to put his rifle down and come and join in the fun with us pistol shooters. He was awe struck by the pistols and he really did enjoy shooting them.
    He really got into the pistols didn't he, bless 'im? Pity his poor Dad - I think I know what he'll be pestering for this Christmas!

Quote Originally Posted by MikeB View Post
    Good idea Tony, I'm sure Cheryl will be happy to do a write-up - she was really surprised that she'd enjoyed herself so much, all credit to you guys for putting on such a great day.
    Fantastic, I'll look forward to receiving it. I think you have my email address, if not PM me and I'll send it to you

Quote Originally Posted by MikeB View Post
    He really got into the pistols didn't he, bless 'im? Pity his poor Dad - I think I know what he'll be pestering for this Christmas!
    Didn't he just. He was awe-struck he asked loads of questions and had a look at my CP99 which he recognized as "The Bond Gun".
    I hope he does pester for one and I hope his parents are more easy going than mine were and buys him one

Tony
    (Airgun Section)

Hi Tony.

>HERE'S< Delta1s photos & >HERE's< mine of the MEET. you can copy any of mine to your PC if that will save time.

I shall PM simmo 1198 to find out who the young lad was.

Good luck with the article, I like the idea of peoples comments ,

I look forward in seeing/hearing my muzzle blast

Regards
    Paddy.
    BE-HAPPY-OK

Quote Originally Posted by Pad. E View Post
    Hi Tony.

>HERE'S< Delta1s photos & >HERE's< mine of the MEET. you can copy any of mine to your PC if that will save time.

I shall PM simmo 1198 to find out who the young lad was.

Good luck with the article, I like the idea of peoples comments ,

I look forward in seeing/hearing my muzzle blast

Regards
    Paddy.
    Cheers buddy,
    Will you be putting up the rest of the ones Helen took??

Also anyone else that took photographs, would you like me to considder using them in the article that will hopefully be published in a certain Airgun Magazine?

ATB
    Tony
    (Airgun Section)

Quote Originally Posted by Jim McArthur View Post
    The web cam didn't make a go, it's true: however, we did do a video of our shooting (or some of it). Maybe we can transmit it to you somehow?
    Jim
    Hi Jim,
    Its a shame we could'nt do a link up, but Im working on one for the future
    If I had had the financal resources a few weeks ago it would have been implemented! But hey, thats life. The time zone differential would have made it awkward as well.

How did you do the video? Digital Video Camera, RAM Disk or a tape camera?

ATB
    Tony
    (Airgun Section)

Hi Guy's and Gal's, again what a weekend

Just to add to Tony's bit about Photo's taken on Saturday, If you did take Photo's please could i have a copy to upload to the Gallery Section on our Website, it would be nice to see all the photo's of the day in one place, if it would be easier to put them on a cd and send them to me, then just PM me and i'll give you my address details. Paddy and Mr. Delta1 Sir may i copy your photo's and add them to the gallery please. I will forward any photo's i get to Tony so he can pick the best one's of the day for the article, if you don't want this to happen just let me know.

Thank you again to all who took part and helped make the First Ever U.B.C Meet a great success.

atvb

Jason
    Fancy shooting your air pistols & rifles a bit more, then guy's & gal's come visit us at the
    UBC for loads of fun competitions for all types of air pistols and rifles.

Mr.Delta "Two Spoons" is busy on the other PC at the minute with work stuff, he says it is fine to use the pictures.