Quote Originally Posted by rizzini View Post
I would really like to get into BP revolver shooting, but to get a permit for one of them must be a mercy if anything else. I also have a police caution which would most likely stop me from getting a FAC. I was not guilty but nonetheless my chances of ever getting a FAC are gone
I would hope that it wasn't enough to stop you having an FAC. Normally you have to have served more than 3 years in Jail before they can stop you having one. Unless it was for assault or affray. It would be worth checking with the legal department of the BASC as they would be able to give you better advice. One of my friends who is a local farmer was walking into his farmyard and met four #####s coming out of his barn with his chainsaw. Having his shotgun with him he gave chase and blew out the back windows of their Ford Cortina. They reported him to the police who arrived and confiscated his firearms. They offered to let him off with a caution but my friend refused and ended up in court. The Judge fined him £20 and ordered the police to return his guns. The case made the pages of the Daily Telegraph. Unless you committed some serious crime in which case you would have recieved a lot more than a caution I can't see that it would effect your application. As I say get some advice and then I should go ahead and apply. By law they have to have a very good reason why they shouldn't allow your application.