Thread: Pcp experts. Info required.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    That's what I thought, but what about the S400 "firing pot?" Does that just set the tension in the valve spring, or does it act as a prechamber as well?

Gus
    The ox is slow, but the earth is patient.

firing pot ?

Quote Originally Posted by Gwylan View Post
    That's what I thought, but what about the S400 "firing pot?" Does that just set the tension in the valve spring, or does it act as a prechamber as well?

Gus

Seem to remember someone else asking this question some time ago and not getting an answer.This is something i have also thought about, any answers anyone!

That restricts the flow in standard setup but acts to give the valve its self regulating properties. By this, the spring is under same tension on every rifle which has been worked out in development.
    So if valve spring is slackened off or ground down a touch, the power curve will be more pronounced and at a higher peak pressure! Same with any self regulating knock open valve.
    On regulated rifles some need or use the extra tension to create more power and same power any pellet! So if a weak return valve spring is slapped in the power is less and higher power with heavy pellets. Now your baffled.
    Far easier to slap a weak return valve spring in, set reg pressure and hammer tension, job done 10 mins then worry about temp fluctuations if reg too high.