Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Welsh Airgun Champs 2008

All good [intense] fun
    Beretta 682 12G Gold 30¾" - Anschutz 1613 SuperMatch 54 .22RF - Anschutz 2002 - Swing Mk5 7.62mm 30" Border 1 in 13 Twist Xbox: multihrndsheep

The Doctor is offline It's my birthday and I'll cry if I want to
    Hi guys

How did everyone do? I was looking for you Rich but I left at about 12 on the Saturday.

LeeH
    Please tear carefully along the perforation.

Shakey start with a 538 then managed a 554 (new PB) in the later detail. (rifle)

Good atmosphere with everyone in the main hall and very well organised as ever.
    Beretta 682 12G Gold 30¾" - Anschutz 1613 SuperMatch 54 .22RF - Anschutz 2002 - Swing Mk5 7.62mm 30" Border 1 in 13 Twist Xbox: multihrndsheep

Hi Jus

Yes, it was a great venue and top marks to the organisers - it was a bit slow at stats on the Saturday morning, but it soon got going - nice chat with Harry Preston and some other competitors - I wandered around like a rabbit in the headlights for a while, but really enjoyed the comp.

LeeH

Hey Lee I got there about 2! Yes it was much bigger than I thought, managed a 562 on sat grrrr Got within 20 seconds of getting timed out on the first day, I was warned those paper targets eat time!!!!!! I loaded and fired my last 10 shots, I figured it was better than not getting 3-4 shots off!!!!just couldn't shoot the 10's anyhow! Not sure what I got on Sunday, I would like to apologise to the guy collecting targets as he tried to sneak in and not disturb me or the guy shooting next to me but I took the shot as he clattered behind me and I jumped and shot a 7 border 8, I remember glaring as him but a lady came up to me after and said if a look ever said "F*#### **f" I gave it!!!! She said he was hovering and nipped in at the wrong moment! Oops, I wasn't in with a shout so I should have been a bit cooler!!! Oh well there is always next time!!!

I hear you did fantastic!!! 560's with pistol?? ;-)

R

Quote Originally Posted by richardio123 View Post

I hear you did fantastic!!! 560's with pistol?? ;-)

R
    561 I believe, good enough for 8th... that's simply outstanding full stop, let alone for your 2nd comp!

Putting that into perspective, the top of the DSRPA league is shooting 560 at his very best. There's about 130 pistol shooters in that...

Quote Originally Posted by RobF View Post
    561 I believe, good enough for 8th... that's simply outstanding full stop, let alone for your 2nd comp!

Putting that into perspective, the top of the DSRPA league is shooting 560 at his very best. There's about 130 pistol shooters in that...
    Yeah, it was good - put then I like pistol shooting and its a lot easier than this FT lark (not). Not sure about the breakdown, but apparently I had 2 98's, which is nice ;-)

Some tough decisions on the horizon me thinks !

Lee