Thread: Hard Case

Question Hard Case

Looking at getting a hard plastic case for my newly aquired HW40 (cheers Archie).

The instruction manual states that it must be placed in a plastic bag before being put into a foam lined case so the foam doesn't react with the metal.

Is this likely? Wont a plastc bag make it more likely to sweat thereby increasing risk of corrosion.

Was going to buy case of JSR, so am presuming that it will be a top notch product with anti corrosion friendly foam.

cheers

To start with that's one fine pistol you've got yourself there. I keep mine in a plastic hard-case with foam liner and to be honest I've not seen any rust or deteariation on the pistol, being mainly exposed plastic (OK, polymer stuff).

I would recommend buying from our sponsors, without them we could not do this.

Oh, one other thing.. it should not be left in the case for long periods, take it out every day and practice, practice, practice.

Good luck, Phil

My wife made me some pistol bags out of pillow ticking so it's into the bag first then into the foam lined case....
    Eric.

I've got mine in an MTM Case-Gard 809-40 2 gun case - excellent bit of kit It measures 15" by 12" and the 40 plus accessories fit in a treat

waiting for JSR to get them back in stock and will then invest.

AA S410K .22, BSA Supersport .22, HW40 .177, Umarex Berretta 92fs .177 Webley Junior .177 (1954)

Check Out Maplins

They do an aluminium flight case in two sizes big and small - the big one with foam (pluckable) is currently on sale for £15.

I've have one of each - general comment from most is you couldn't buy the foam for that. Some members give the foam a light spray with oil.

Check out:

http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?ModuleNo=222024
    Last edited by ProjManRaz; 07-11-2008 at 03:31 PM.
    JUNIPERGREEN A.R.C.
    HW35e .22, BSA Scorpion 10 shot & Colt 1911A

I bought 2flambeau cases a while ago off #### for about 14 quid each http://shop.############/items/?_nkw...beau&_osacat=0
    im sure i read somewhere that they are impregnated with rust and corrosion inhibitors?
    Air Arms S400 Nikko Gameking 4-16x50....