Thread: Thinking of getting HW40

Thinking of getting HW40

If anyone wants to sell or swap a HW40 .177 please let me know. Must be in good nick, I don't want to have to work on it to make it better.

Either a cash price or perhaps swap, I have a Hills Pump and I also have too much fishing tackle.

I did post in the correct section too, but I hope it does no harm to pop a note here.

Doubt it would cause a problem

If one crops up grab it with both hands, worth their weight in gold aint they Jason.

Especially gold Trophies

Sorry, I'm in a funny mood

Tony
    UBC Secretary & Web-Manager
    THL Marksman of the Year 2010
    (Airgun Section)

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom Sniper View Post
    Doubt it would cause a problem

If one crops up grab it with both hands, worth their weight in gold aint they Jason.

Especially gold Trophies

Sorry, I'm in a funny mood

Tony
    Very good Tony. for those that don't know Mr. Sniper here used my HW40 at the UBC meet and took Gold from me by 1 point.

If you can find one grab it fast, it's a definate keeper. Just don't lend it to anyone during a comp.

atvb

Jason
    Fancy shooting your air pistols & rifles a bit more, then guy's & gal's come visit us at the
    UBC for loads of fun competitions for all types of air pistols and rifles.

Jim McArthur is offline Frock coat wearing, riverboat dwelling, southern gent
    I have one (Beeman P3, essentially the same pistol) but it's started to develop a funny "clicking" sound as it locks into place opening, and about 3/4 of the way on closing. Doesn't seem to interfere with functioing or performance, though.

It's a nice pistol but the light weight of it (about 26 ounces) makes it hard for me to hold it steady.

I bought mine used and am undecided whether it's worth it to me to keep it, get this problem corrected and do something to add weight to it, or just sell or swap it. I also have a Smith 686 and don't want to accumulate pistols I'm not going to have time to shoot, I just want a few that I will shoot.

Jim
    UBC's Police Pistol Manager
    "Nasty, noisy things, revolvers, Count. Better stick to air-guns." Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure of the Mazarin Stone

Superb pistol the HW40...trigger sweet out of the box....
    Looking for another when I can afford it as I like to shoot them open sights and scoped....
    Eric.

Interesting post Jim, thanks.

Frankly light is good for me, being slight of stature. Also I think my wife might want to shoot it and that would suit her also.

At circa 120 quid new I might even go for that, but will have to sell some of my excess stuff first.

Funny thing is that most owners of same don't seem to complaint about the light weight, yet many take taken steps to make it heavier: filling in open sputs with epoxy-shotgun pellet mixtures, etc.

Jim
    "Nasty, noisy things, revolvers, Count. Better stick to air-guns." Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure of the Mazarin Stone

Quote Originally Posted by Jim McArthur View Post
    it's started to develop a funny "clicking" sound as it locks into place opening, and about 3/4 of the way on closing. Doesn't seem to interfere with functioing or performance, though.

Could it be the auto safety engaging?

Just my two cents worth

atb Phil

Not sure what it is, Phil: never noticed it till recently, though.

Jim

great pistol
    i have TWO a joy to shoot although a mate has a beeman an it leaks somtimes after cocking it grab one if you can there are worth every penny even when you get bored they are good just for plinking in the garden open sights red dot or a scope it will out shoot you for a while mine still supprise me

atb
    Niel
    shoot safe
    Niel
    spelling mightbe hitt n missz but i dont mizz with the Ripley or the S400