Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Weihrauch HW40. 20cal

Hi Phil....don't fancy a .22 Webley Nemesis do you, if so maybe we can work something out...

Quote Originally Posted by eredel View Post
    Hi Phil....don't fancy a .22 Webley Nemesis do you, if so maybe we can work something out...
    Oi Eric, don't post things like this

I don't need the temptation

Seriously though, I'm only selling because I consider, at this moment in time, I have too many pistols.

I'm only keeping my S&W CO2 for use in Jim's comp and my HW45 for target shooting. You know what it's like we play too much and don't concentrate on practice for the matches.

Best wishes Phil

pm inbound for you

I know where you're coming from Phil....I play but don't practice hence I'm never up there on the rostrum...
    Have to say though I picked the Nemesis up today and once I'd played with the trigger I was obliterating the black on the target....could be my SSP pistol for December!!!..
    Still fancy that .20 HW40 though...who knows in a couple of weeks if it's not sold......please somebody buy it to keep me out of the divorce courts!!!!!!
    Eric.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil G View Post
    Oi Eric, don't post things like this

I don't need the temptation

Seriously though, I'm only selling because I consider, at this moment in time, I have too many pistols.

I'm only keeping my S&W CO2 for use in Jim's comp and my HW45 for target shooting. You know what it's like we play too much and don't concentrate on practice for the matches.

Best wishes Phil

pm inbound for you

Too many pistols, outrageous.
    Thats like saying you have too much money
    www.hwownersforum.freeforums.org

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by chip View Post
    Too many pistols, outrageous.
    Thats like saying you have too much money

I can only but offer my most sincere and humble apologies for that most outrageous comment.

I will now go and sit in the naughty corner for 10 mins

Quote Originally Posted by Phil G View Post
    I can only but offer my most sincere and humble apologies for that most outrageous comment.

I will now go and sit in the naughty corner for 10 mins

And so you should.

And make it 20 mins.
    Fancy shooting your air pistols & rifles a bit more, then guy's & gal's come visit us at the
    UBC for loads of fun competitions for all types of air pistols and rifles.

I'll drop you a PM, thanks Phil.

Quote Originally Posted by eredel View Post
    I know where you're coming from Phil....I play but don't practice hence I'm never up there on the rostrum...
    Have to say though I picked the Nemesis up today and once I'd played with the trigger I was obliterating the black on the target....could be my SSP pistol for December!!!..
    Still fancy that .20 HW40 though...who knows in a couple of weeks if it's not sold......please somebody buy it to keep me out of the divorce courts!!!!!!
    Eric.
    Hi Eric, still got that rough old TX, swap you for a late forties Airsporter. (only kidding).
    John

Quote Originally Posted by John_R View Post
    I'll drop you a PM, thanks Phil.

Sale on hold pending viewing from John,

Quote Originally Posted by dissduck View Post
    Hi Eric, still got that rough old TX, swap you for a late forties Airsporter. (only kidding).
    John
    Hi John,
    Rough ol' Tx sold yesterday as I've replaced it with a Prosport...
    Eric.

Brough, Cumbria (just up from the Pub...Hic...!)
    Hi Mate,

I am after a nice starter pistol for me and the boy to do a bit of plinking and target shooting at the club, would the HW40 be suitable (with it being a .20?)

If it is still for sale (if John doesn't have it) would you mind dropping me a line. Cheers, Dave (copied as a PM)
    Air Arms S400 Custom shop .177 4-16x44 SR12 (the boy's bought his own rifle )
    HW97k Anniversary V-Mach Lazaglide .177 with a EB Sniper 10x42...And that is it...

Now sold to John to help rekindle his interest in air guns.

Good luck, Phil

Good to meet you Phil. Back home now, and it is certainly easier to put a pellet near the target with this than it is with the CP88!

Thanks for showing me the HW45, I can see why that goes for a good bit more money than the HW40.

As far as pistols go, I think these two will keep me busy enough for now, I do fancy a go at Iron Plate or other speed shooting so the CP88 is going to be kept for that.

I think I will stick with the open sights on the HW40, not sure if I will try a red dot or similar on the CP88 though.

Well done John the HW40 is a great pistol whatever calibre you choose, stick with the open sights, it pays in the end.

atvb

Jason
    Fancy shooting your air pistols & rifles a bit more, then guy's & gal's come visit us at the
    UBC for loads of fun competitions for all types of air pistols and rifles.

You're not wrong there.

I printed off one of the UBC 6yd targets and having never done them before I got 141. That included the first one handed shot going straight through dead centre on target C.

My ears are complaining now though, I shoot in a narrow corridor and having done 10 shots to sight in as well as those 20 I can see I need to pop some plugs in before next time!
    Last edited by John_R; 05-11-2008 at 09:45 PM. Reason: Doh, I can't count!