Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Results for Novembers U.B.C Competition

Results for Novembers U.B.C Competition

Hi Guys & Gals

Thanks for all your scores & weldone.

Quick links to results are here >Main Competition< & >Side Shoot<

Abit quiet this month with 2 submitted scores in the spring category & none in the PCP.

However on the Leader Board, I have combined our MEET scores into the equation & it doesn't look that bad now

Quick Link to >Leader Board<

Regards
    Paddy.
    BE-HAPPY-OK

PFletch Guest

4.28am ????

Thats not a time of day - its a philosophical concept.

Bit like Uganda, everyone knows it exists but no-one wants to go there.

Hats off to Pad.E for the selfless dedication.

All hail Paddy
    Once again we are indebted to Paddy for running this competition and allowing us lesser capable shooters a chance NOT to come last

Cheers Keith

Indeed, thanks so much for continuing the competition. I had a great time practicing this month and even enjoyed all the dry-firing I've been doing

Will I be allowed to change guns half way through? I think I've gone as far as I can with the HW40 so am looking for a FWB 65, 80, Pardini K-58, Baikal IZH-46M or something else self-contained with a decent target grip for reasonable money (quite a lot to ask it seems).

Cheers,
    Jon

Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    Indeed, thanks so much for continuing the competition.

Will I be allowed to change guns half way through? Cheers,
    Jon

Hi Jon,
    I dunee see why not, I changed from a Gamo P-800 to a HW70 last season, and me scores improved. mind ye, the gamo started hitting things that I would expect a blunderbus to hit! ie: aim at bull and hit the window round the corner two streets away

I reckon the HW40 is capable of 100% if you are me I'm gonna get there with my hw40 eventually.

I would ne change from the 40 till I know I was getting top marks but each te their own.
    UBC Secretary & Web-Manager
    THL Marksman of the Year 2010
    (Airgun Section)

Quote Originally Posted by PFletch View Post
    Thats not a time of day - its a philosophical concept.

Bit like Uganda, everyone knows it exists but no-one wants to go there.

Hats off to Pad.E for the selfless dedication.
    That was me getting back up for a glass of milk, get the job done & then back to bed. So i could go shooting first thing

Quote Originally Posted by mxgb View Post
    All hail Paddy
    Once again we are indebted to Paddy for running this competition and allowing us lesser capable shooters a chance NOT to come last

Cheers Keith
    Cheers Keith, I didn't even bring back any wooden spoons from the meet did I
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    Indeed, thanks so much for continuing the competition. I had a great time practicing this month and even enjoyed all the dry-firing I've been doing

Will I be allowed to change guns half way through? I think I've gone as far as I can with the HW40 so am looking for a FWB 65, 80, Pardini K-58, Baikal IZH-46M or something else self-contained with a decent target grip for reasonable money (quite a lot to ask it seems).

Cheers,
    Jon
    Not a problem about changing guns throughout the season. Just you can only use one gun per category.

Regards
    Paddy.
    BE-HAPPY-OK

Thanks for your comments - I just feel like I'm not getting any better with practice and am hitting 83-88 ex 100 pretty consistently, with very few scores lower or higher. The real thing holding me back I think is the absence of a target grip and the lightish weight of the HW40. I've tried a Gamo Compact but didn't like the trigger.

When you get the idea of a new pistol into your head, it's pretty difficult not to get carried away and start researching all sorts of guns. But you're right, I should stick with it for a bit longer. I've only had the HW40 for a few months as well!

I've learnt a lot off http://www.targettalk.org/viewforum....f350f3ca9d368e

Thanks
    Jon

Hi Jon
    I believe that if you enjoy a hobby you should buy the best you can (afford/ justify for said hobby) that you can, quality will always win through. Years back I shot 10m airpistol quite seriously invested in a nearly new FWB 65 it just felt so good and I got so much enjoyment from using a top notch pistol, even though my scores were never brilliant or even moderatly good the fact that it was me and not the pistol just made me want to improve. Its a bit like my fishing, I do not match fish but buy the best that I can afford, I know a £5 special from a discount store would catch just as much (with me on one end at least) but the fun is in using quality equipment.
    Whatever level you shoot at as long as you get fun from the sport/equipment that you use then you have cracked it
    ATB Keith
    Last edited by mxgb; 02-11-2008 at 07:03 PM. Reason: typo's

Quote Originally Posted by Pad. E View Post
    Cheers Keith, I didn't even bring back any wooden spoons from the meet did I
    Regards
    Paddy.
    Nor did I that honour was Delta1 MrsMikeB and Mrs MXGB that saved me from that particular accolade
    Cheers Keith

Quote Originally Posted by Pad. E View Post

However on the Leader Board, I have combined our MEET scores into the equation & it doesn't look that bad now
    Yeah that looks much healthier! Thanks once again Paddy.

My single hand shooting is deteriorating every time.
    Of course this is nothing to do with hangovers or caffeine.
    All I can think of doing is making up a properly supportive target grip.
    I tried getting a Drulov one from Canada but couldn't get any joy.

Any top tips? I've made quite a few stocks in the past and have a band saw, router etc but making an adjustable palm shelf will be a new one.
    Last edited by Ranyhyn; 02-11-2008 at 07:33 PM. Reason: spellimg

Cheers for another great job Paddy...
    How the b*####*y 'ell did I manage to come top in the sideshoot, where's everone elses scores??????
    Eric.

Thanks Paddy as always a grand job fella.
    Fancy shooting your air pistols & rifles a bit more, then guy's & gal's come visit us at the
    UBC for loads of fun competitions for all types of air pistols and rifles.

Quote Originally Posted by cookie View Post
    Thanks Paddy as always a grand job fella.
    You're welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by eredel View Post
    How the b*####*y 'ell did I manage to come top in the sideshoot, where's everone elses scores??????
    Eric.
    Well done there Eric, with doing two side shoots it all depends on the final score. As PFletch won on the Halloween, but you beat him on the Guy. Totally by one point.

Quote Originally Posted by Crabbet View Post
    Yeah that looks much healthier! Thanks once again Paddy.

My single hand shooting is deteriorating every time.
    Of course this is nothing to do with hangovers or caffeine.
    All I can think of doing is making up a properly supportive target grip.
    I tried getting a Drulov one from Canada but couldn't get any joy.

Any top tips? I've made quite a few stocks in the past and have a band saw, router etc but making an adjustable palm shelf will be a new one.
    As long as you're having fun that is the main thing. Frustrating I know & I know it's frustrating

As for making stocks can't help you but I know how to Camo a >Pistol<

Regards
    Paddy.
    BE-HAPPY-OK

I have been practicing but thought that as per the wording on the rules page i had to shoot in the first week of the month. I will shoot tonight, weather permitting, and submit if that is ok.

Quote Originally Posted by eredel View Post
    Eric.
    Sympathy Eric. sympathy.......

Russ
    Air Arms S400 Classic - Hawke Airmax 3-9x40 AO MAP6, SMK QB78 DL - JSR 4x40 Mildot ill.El Gamo ASI sniper, BSA Airsporter MkVI. UBC#22 - Sheridan EB22, Gamo Compact:R77-4:Falcon, Walther PPK, CP88 shiney, SMK G10, Baikal 53M:MAK, Crosman 357