Thread: when is a Baikal a Umarex?

when is a Baikal a Umarex?

Why is the Baikal Drozd stamped with the Umarex name, aren't they two different companies, would owning one entitle membership of the Umerex boys club?

Anyone who shoots an air pistol can join (even if they dont own one)

Umarex is a heck of a large company. They do more than just one brand and hey make stuff other than just guns.

Not sure if they are the umbrella company or if umarex is owned by another company.

Tony
    UBC Secretary & Web-Manager
    THL Marksman of the Year 2010
    (Airgun Section)

I think its just the euro drozds that are stamped umarex. I think they are probably the euro distributors after obtaining the chopped up version - or is it them that modify it??

Jim McArthur is offline Frock coat wearing, riverboat dwelling, southern gent
    As I understand it, Umarex makes guns on order for other companies, putting that company's name on them.

My Smith and Wesson is made by Umarex, but it's still a Smith. But it's really an Umarex, in my opinion, because Umarex made it.

Jim
    UBC's Police Pistol Manager
    "Nasty, noisy things, revolvers, Count. Better stick to air-guns." Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure of the Mazarin Stone

"when is a Baikal a Umarex?"

when it's not a Webley?.......

Quote Originally Posted by Jim McArthur View Post
    made by Umarex, but it's still a Smith. But it's really an Umarex Jim
    Jesus Jim,
    You're going to have to cut out some of that Southern Comfort mate......

Russ
    Air Arms S400 Classic - Hawke Airmax 3-9x40 AO MAP6, SMK QB78 DL - JSR 4x40 Mildot ill.El Gamo ASI sniper, BSA Airsporter MkVI. UBC#22 - Sheridan EB22, Gamo Compact:R77-4:Falcon, Walther PPK, CP88 shiney, SMK G10, Baikal 53M:MAK, Crosman 357

Umarex is part of Walther. The Smith & Wesson is an Umarex but has the S&W logo on the box because the design is licensed from S&W. Ditto for the 1911, 92FS, etc.

Jonathan