Thread: understanding drift and probability

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Dave i always leave it on TRUE Mil calibration so i know that the MIL is always equal to the proper value, i dont like to mess with that and on my menace its at 10x.

Mrad you can find it on some S&B scopes too written as 1click = 0.1Mrad and also on army field manuals.
    you dont have to convert to MOA if you are using a Mil retile and Mil turrets like me then no conversions need, if you hit 4Mils low you dial in 4Mils on the turret its a very common and efficient system. if i hit 1.5Mils left, i will simply Dial 1.5Mils of Windage, no conversions whatso ever thats the whole point about this. you're the first one i heard saying that they are not the same, if you look at the S&B manual it will explain how to use reticle and turret combo and each 1Mil on the reticle is divided into 10 increments on the turret for each 10 clicks represent 1Mil. 1Mil =10cm at 100m and thats what i use. the only time i use Imperial is for wind reading. i had MOA and Mildot reticle and even though it works, its old technology and when you have the facility of Mil/Mil just keep it that way. If you want MOA get a night force with MOA reticle.

my scope is calibrated at 10x so people should check at what mag is theirs calibrated, something which many in my experience have no clue about. on the S&B i use on the 338 its First focal plain so any mag would do. i would actually include a note so that people check their mil-dot calibration, i often here many say i'm 1Mil left or 4Mils low and the shooter isn't even aware that his scope is not properly calibrated so his 1Mil correction is nothing in the real world.

i don't know about the other pellets but the 31grain barracuda i have been buying are an excellent lot and i've been using the same data for as long as i have been buying them the last 3 years and no real variation.

here is a photo of the Mrad turret. each number on that turret represents a Mildot on the reticle so if you turn it to 4 then its like if you hold off 4Mils, the only difference is that you aim dead on.
    http://accurateshooter.net/GOTW/zakscopex300.jpg
    Last edited by flims; 06-11-2008 at 09:31 PM.