Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Which Rogers & Spencer?

Thumbs down Rogers and Spencer

I too was looking for one, seen one on guntrader, London Grey little use £175, rang up, arranged to view this morning 250 mile round trip, got mobile text message "sorry mistake should be £275 but you can have it for £250" told him no turned round and came back home only wasted 60 mile round trip, theres allways one, still looking, Tezz

Quote Originally Posted by middaycowboy View Post
    I too was looking for one, seen one on guntrader, London Grey little use £175, rang up, arranged to view this morning 250 mile round trip, got mobile text message "sorry mistake should be £275 but you can have it for £250" told him no turned round and came back home only wasted 60 mile round trip, theres allways one, still looking, Tezz
    £275 is strong money for a second hand one. I think you did the right thing to turn it down. The £175 you offered is about right.

I have contacted Euroarmas Italia and spoke to a very informative man, a Mr Paolo Amadi, who admitted that he couldn't be 100% sure that the company did not make a Stainless version in the past, as hes only been with them for 9 yrs (and this pistol was made in either 92 or 93), but he will find out for me. But from what he said in his replies, basically confirm what you have said, which has made the chap whose gun it is, a little annoyed (to be polite ), because it was sold to him by another club member, stating that it was a Stainless Steel model and he paid over the odds for it being so, therefore, as you can imagine, he's a bit pi$$ed off, although still very happy with the gun.

So in closing I appologise for my blinkered approach to this post, but I was going on what the owner and previous owner were saying, so not my fault
    This platining, you say it is finished with, must be very hard. (I know Nikasil Barrels are very good I've got them in my 77 Guzzi Claifornia) As he has a few dings and scratches on it and a lot of them can be rubbed out, this was another reason why I believer it was SS.

P.S. The difference in price between the Blued & the London Gey finish is 25%
    more for the London Grey.

All the best
    Baz

Good man. I admit the London grey does look exactly like stainless. I've got nikasil plated barrels on my Honda classic racer and I haven't worn them out yet.

I think my mate will be having a word with the gun's previous owner though

ATB
    Baz

Talking Rogers and Spencer

used a mates standard blue last tuesday, very impressive, felt comfortable in the hand and with ordinary sights was very accurate, so been looking for one and just bought a second hand Euroarms London Grey model with target sights, excellent condition, going to shoot it on sunday so will let you know how it performs, I think they are all good mechanically just decide which finish you like cheers Tezz

Exclamation stainless test

I thought the London Grey finish would be matt but it looks like stainless, when I got mine home I tested it with a magnet, its magnetic so not stainless, if its steel whether its blued, polished or plated it will be magnetic if its stainless its not magnetic, if my memory is correct if you grind stainless theres no sparks, cheers Tezz

Probably best not to grind bits off it though!