Thread: 3 biggest rifle surprises since being on bbs

My last springer out of a collection of 7, the Webley Omega. Good looks, good build quality and very nice handling too.

I'd never even heard of this particular model before joining the bbs.

Surprises???

???

1, how crap although gorgeous my RB2 Stutzen was
    2, how much I love my Venom 95 after years of being cynical about both names
    3, how good value an SFS tune is, no it's not a lazaglide but it's a 1/3 of the price and having shot 77's from Venom, Airmasters & SFS frankly we kept going back to the SFS

just for starters

Sam Vimes is offline Vanquished a Weihrauch evangelist with a gasram
    How much I'm completely nonplussed by the fuss over Venom rifles. Yes, they are or can be beautiful and the finish is amazing but to my mind they take an ordinary springer and make it feel more like a gasram! All this in spite of the fact that most that wet themselves over Venom do little but complain about the action of a gasram. The other confusing aspect is their triggers, no problem when the base is CD, Mach1 or Rekord but some of the Webley based rifles that I've tried (one particularly well travelled one that I've tried springs to mind) haven't been particularly good.
    That'll get the Venom fans biting but I mean it.
    Fabricatum diem, pvnc!

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire
    Quote Originally Posted by View Post
    HW 35 just all round shootability and build, how did I not pay more attention earlier to these.
    ... ditto ...

Quote Originally Posted by Punchsteve View Post
    the Webley Omega. Good looks, good build quality and very nice handling too.
    ... ditto ditto ...

Quote Originally Posted by sbd View Post
    how crap although gorgeous my RB2 Stutzen was ...
    ... ditto ditto ditto ... and ...

Quote Originally Posted by sbd View Post
    how good value an SFS tune is, no it's not a lazaglide but it's a 1/3 of the price.
    ... ditto x4 ... ... Atb: G.

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration

The Air Arms Prosport

Is actually BETTER than the hype about it. I held out from owning an Air Arms rifle for years, bought a TX200SR because it was a recoilless springer and discovered the engineering quality. It was a tad too heavy so I bought a Prosport and found it was just as accurate as the SR. My PS does have a Venom kit in it and it is as near perfect as makes no difference.

However, as perfection is slightly dull, I am investing in Feinwerkbau Sports which are excellent and challenging at the same time.
    Last edited by Hsing-ee; 07-11-2008 at 08:17 AM.

After years of buying German springers (and never thinking I would buy another British rifle), I bought an AA TX200HC. This was a couple of year ago, but considering that the last British rifle I bought was a Vulcan in 1982- this was a big leap in faith for me.

The TX amazed me with its quality of engineering and stunning accuracy (yeah OK its barrel is German). This completely changed my outlook on British rifles and especially the AA range of which I now own the majority of.

So I guess for me- its straying away from my "comfort zone" of German springers!

The other pleasant suprise (though maybe I shouldnt be so suprised here) is that there are a good bunch of peeps on here, better than the "Average Joe"-there again- we are airgunners- nuf said?

Dave