Thread: First Post New Member Pistol Wanted!

First Post New Member Pistol Wanted!

Morning all,
    I'm Matt, as the name would suggest, and I would like to purchase a target pistol.
    I currently have 2 pistols, a Skif, and a Smith and Wesson with 3 barrells.
    Both of which are Co2.
    I havent picked them up in about 5 years and am going to start shooting at some targets, mainly as a stress reliever after a hard days work.
    About 8 years ago my Dad took me round to one of the workshops in the yard where he worked, there was a guy there who in his joinery workshop had a target range at the end of the workshop, with a multitude of targets, cans, bottle caps,chalk discs etc, being 15 it was all fantastic stuff to look at, especialy when I started shooting with the guys Smith and Wesson!
    After an hour or so we had to leave, and the S&W followed me home, shortly after he added a Skif to the pair, and after a successful GCSE year, I had a shiny new Webley Axsor in my grubby mits. Sadly I only used it a handful of times and sold it, the proceeds went toward my first car.
    One gun I used of his was a target pistol, and its something I will always remember, it was amazing to hold and shoot, and far more accurate than I was ever going to be! There was something about it that was different to all of the other pistols and rifles he had there which I used, and I am very keen to purchase another one.
    I still see the guy from time to time and will ask him when I see him next what make and model his was, but until then I would like to buy a target pistol at around £300 including the accessories.
    I've seen the gamo, and a few choices from Rohm, but there are so many pistols mentioned on this site that its very hard to keep up, and decypher all of the acronyms!
    Could anyone explain what I would need to fill up the tank on the Rohm guns?
    The ones I have now use the Co2 bulbs, but the ones I am looking at are just Oxygen.
    As soon as I get a few tins of pellets thru my pistols I will be joining the UBC, before anyone mentions it anyway.

If you have gotten this far and read it all then I thank you for your patience!

Thanks

Matt

Buyers Guide

Hi Matt.

I'm in the same boat as you really. In the market as it were.

I've been surfing around BBS for a while now and picking up info here and there. Amazing site but overwhelming at times where to look.

Plus there are answers to Any airgun related question. Brilliant.

Pop into WH Smith like I did yesterday and pick up a copy of the Aigun World Airgun Buyers guide.

Amazing and under a tenner. Brilliantly comprehensive guide. With full lists of Rifles, Pistols and scopes, with lots of other additional info too.

I reckon that combined with being on here is gonna help me on my way. Might help you on yours too.

Bren.
    Last edited by Boggystone; 07-11-2008 at 05:28 PM.
    Back doin' what I love.

Smile target pistol

I have a walther co2 target pistol needs a service holds the co2 ok you cannot hear any leaks but seems to loose it after a week shoots ok £200.00
    much better than a gamm or rohm (charge from a pub type bottle )pm me if interested

Deershooter

Hi Matt and welcome to the BBS, if it's a target pistol you want i would strongly so go for a Gamo Compact or Weihrauch HW40 as they are cheap to buy but of high quality and great starer guns. But if you want to spend around £300 i would go for a IZH-Baikal IZH 46M Match pistol which is an SSP (Single Stroke Pneumatic) or an Alfa Proj Co2 (uses you 12g Capsules), both very good. if you go For a PCP (Pre-Charged Pneumatic) you will need to fill from a 300 bar Filling Kit With Gauge, Valve & Hose, or a Stirrup Pump. You can get them from our sponser (click here)

hope this helps a little.

atvb

Jason
    Fancy shooting your air pistols & rifles a bit more, then guy's & gal's come visit us at the
    UBC for loads of fun competitions for all types of air pistols and rifles.

Hi Matt welcome to the bbs and pistol section, advice as per cookie but the PCP are filled with AIR ONLY do NOT use Oxygen . Oxygen under high pressure if it comes into contact with oil/grease will explode and we would not want that. Elsewhere on the bbs is a sticky explaining that you only use compressed breathing air such as that used by divers.
    ATB Keith

HAHA!
    I must have sat for about 30 seconds trying to figure out what the stuff we breath was, talk about a brain fart! The best I could come up with at the time was oxygen, but of course it is just air!

Thanks for the other replies, i've had a good search round at the various options mentioned so far.
    I'm based in Hemel Hempstead, are there any shops in the surrounding area which have a good selection of match pistols?

thanks

Target pistols

If you want to stick with CO2, the Aeron/Tau target pistols are very good quality and far more accurate than most of us will ever be!

Mike95

Or...

You could look for an old Feinwerkbau Model 65 , 80 0r 90 . All shoot well I have a Model 90 ,20 years old still very accurate.
    Or you could take a look at the Weihrauch HW75 single stroke pneumatic.

York Guns have the Baikal IZM46 on their website if you want to take a look.

Andrew.
    No , you don't need a better guitar. You need some lessons.

tomgriffin is offline I just have the empty tin...
    You have PM Matt
    If you choke a smurf, what colour does it turn?
    We Are Tottenham! Super Tottenham! We Are Tottenham From The Lane!