Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pistol question

Pistol question

Would it be possible to kill rats with a multi shot air pistol if so what range would it need to be?

a definate no no,if you have to kill something it has to be as quick and humane as possible. you cant guarantee that with the power of a pistol,
    steyr lp5,steyr lp10,hw77k,bsa buccaneer .177,bsa scorpion .177,original 6g
    happy with my lot!

Quote Originally Posted by nuke View Post
    Would it be possible to kill rats with a multi shot air pistol if so what range would it need to be?
    The only way to despatch quarry is with a rifle, no pistol is powerful enough, and no shooter accurate enough to do it humanely, buy a 9+ ftlb rifle and do the job the right way.
    Fancy shooting your air pistols & rifles a bit more, then guy's & gal's come visit us at the
    UBC for loads of fun competitions for all types of air pistols and rifles.

yes it would be possible to kill rats with a pistol below 10 yards thats what a crosman ratbuster is made for

Quote Originally Posted by scorpion View Post
    yes it would be possible to kill rats with a pistol below 10 yards thats what a crosman ratbuster is made for

Yes it may be Possible, but here on the BBS we do not condone the use of a pistol for hunting or killing vermin, lets say at 8 yards do you really think you are going to get a clean humane kill with a sub 6ftlb pistol. I think Not.

Look at the Pistol Section Heading This is what it says:

"Air pistols"
    "The place to discuss air pistols, air pistol target shooting and plinking. Anyone posting about hunting in this section will lose access."

Enough Said.
    Fancy shooting your air pistols & rifles a bit more, then guy's & gal's come visit us at the

I have only just started air gunning I have a king rat for shooting said rats but I am thinking of getting a pistol for shooting targets in the garden and I was wondering if they were powerfull enough to do the same job so now I know they won't be up to the job I'll use the ratty for getting rid of them thanks for answering my question

Nickpan is offline I love a lot of slippery, soapy men's bums!
    Here you go mate, so that I don't get out of breath reading a post of yours!

Chuck some of these in!
    . . . . . , , , , , ,
    no such words as alot or ect, and do you really want to add a second 'o' in 'lose', unless you're talking about something that isn't very tight?

I'm running short, but can spare a couple. ,,

They sell packets of them cheap at Aldi...... ......
    ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
    see, I have lots
    db

Nickpan is offline I love a lot of slippery, soapy men's bums!
    Has anyone got any semi-colons, and exclamation marks, please
    And question marks
    no such words as alot or ect, and do you really want to add a second 'o' in 'lose', unless you're talking about something that isn't very tight?

!! ??

Only got big ones left, they are yours if you can use them.

Sarcky beggers
    UBC Secretary & Web-Manager
    THL Marksman of the Year 2010
    (Airgun Section)

Here's your semi's ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
    and you full's :::::::::::::

I found a load more

\\\\\\\ ~~~~, '''''', ((((( )))))), ++++, ########, //////, ------, """"""", ^^^^
    its amazing what you can find when you look hard enough

Russ
    Air Arms S400 Classic - Hawke Airmax 3-9x40 AO MAP6, SMK QB78 DL - JSR 4x40 Mildot ill.El Gamo ASI sniper, BSA Airsporter MkVI. UBC#22 - Sheridan EB22, Gamo Compact:R77-4:Falcon, Walther PPK, CP88 shiney, SMK G10, Baikal 53M:MAK, Crosman 357

Ease up on the guy a bit! I'm all for good standards of punctuation, spelling and grammar but I think you're going a bit far with this! To think of the snidey remarks and criticism I had when I had the temerity to bitch about people typing "could of" when they meant "could have"!

Don't take it to heart Nuke, Give as good as you get and you'll fit in fine.

It's all about havin' a laugh (relieves stress).

You'll see that we all get the P!ss taken out of us from time to time. (it's usually me from them 'orrible UBC admin types.....)

Russ
    Air Arms S400 Classic - Hawke Airmax 3-9x40 AO MAP6, SMK QB78 DL - JSR 4x40 Mildot ill.El Gamo ASI sniper, BSA Airsporter MkVI. UBC#22 - Sheridan EB22, Gamo Compact:R77-4:Falcon, Walther PPK, CP88 shiney, SMK G10, Baikal 53M:MAK, Crosman 357