Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pistol question

Quote Originally Posted by Firestorm View Post
    Don't take it to heart Nuke, Give as good as you get and you'll fit in fine.

It's all about havin' a laugh (relieves stress).

You'll see that we all get the P!ss taken out of us from time to time. (it's usually me from them 'orrible UBC admin types.....)

Russ
    Was that a dig at me by any chance,

It's not my fault your Short, can't shoot and like to cross dress at weekends, but if you feel thats Taking the P!ss, Well your bloody right.
    Fancy shooting your air pistols & rifles a bit more, then guy's & gal's come visit us at the
    UBC for loads of fun competitions for all types of air pistols and rifles.

Quote Originally Posted by nuke View Post
    I have only just started air gunning I have a king rat for shooting said rats but I am thinking of getting a pistol for shooting targets in the garden
    Get yourself a pistol and Join the Nutters in the UBC
    Fancy shooting your air pistols & rifles a bit more, then guy's & gal's come visit us at the
    UBC for loads of fun competitions for all types of air pistols and rifles.

Quote Originally Posted by cookie View Post
    It's not my fault your Short, can't shoot and like to cross dress at weekends, but if you feel thats Taking the P!ss, Well your bloody right.
    See!!! what did I tell you......

Russ
    Air Arms S400 Classic - Hawke Airmax 3-9x40 AO MAP6, SMK QB78 DL - JSR 4x40 Mildot ill.El Gamo ASI sniper, BSA Airsporter MkVI. UBC#22 - Sheridan EB22, Gamo Compact:R77-4:Falcon, Walther PPK, CP88 shiney, SMK G10, Baikal 53M:MAK, Crosman 357

Sorry to get back on topic.

Has anyone got a copy of Decembers AIR GUNNER, if so turn to page 21.
    There you will find an advert by Brocock for their AimX in .22, at the bottom of the page in large typeface, I quote.

"The professionals' choice for close-range vermin despatch"

Now this statement is not there for benefit of professionals, as they would know, as it is their choice.
    But to encourage any Tom, Dick or Harry who want to shoot vermin to buy and use their pistol to do so.

So does this mean that it is the view of the magazine that hunting with pistols is fine?

Regards chip
    www.hwownersforum.freeforums.org

Quote Originally Posted by chip View Post
    There you will find an advert by Brocock for their AimX in .22, at the bottom of the page in large typeface, I quote.

Now this statement is not there for benefit of professionals, as they would know, as it is their choice.
    But to encourage any Tom, Dick or Harry who want to shoot vermin to buy and use their pistol to do so.

So does this mean that it is the view of the magazine that hunting with pistols is fine?

Regards chip
    Having read an earlier review on the pistol, I understood that it was originally intended for administering a "Coup De Grace" on injured vermin. With the muzzle held against the head of a small animal the 5.5ft/lbs would be sufficient. That said if you can get that close it would be better to bash it on the head with a stone and save yourself £275.
    My Club: http://www.wendoverarc.co.uk
    Rifles: Air Arms S400 - Air Arms TX200HC - Webley MkII Service Rifle - BSA Imp Model D
    Pistols: Webley Seniors - Webley Juniors - Beretta 92FS - Cobra Crossbow

Quote Originally Posted by Point & Click View Post
    Having read an earlier review on the pistol, I understood that it was originally intended for administering a "Coup De Grace" on injured vermin. With the muzzle held against the head of a small animal the 5.5ft/lbs would be sufficient. That said if you can get that close it would be better to bash it on the head with a stone and save yourself £275.
    I did think exactly what you have just said, may have been a possibility as to what was intended by this statement.
    But it is not exactly clear in the advert.

Also on top of the £275, its more weight to be lugged around in the field.
    www.hwownersforum.freeforums.org

harvey_s is offline Lost love child of David Niven and Victoria Beckham
    Having read an earlier review on the pistol, I understood that it was originally intended for administering a "Coup De Grace" on injured vermin. With the muzzle held against the head of a small animal the 5.5ft/lbs would be sufficient.
    Eh? Has the 12 ft/lb rifle that was used for the first wounding shot somehow become unsuitable for a point-blank head shot then?
    Ah' I know what it must be - it'll be because that dirty great scope will keep shooting low when the range is less than a foot........

Better still...nice walnut, brass and lead priest....
    Eric.

I was only repeating what I had read in a magazine article. I didn't say that I thought it a good idea.
    My Club: http://www.wendoverarc.co.uk
    Rifles: Air Arms S400 - Air Arms TX200HC - Webley MkII Service Rifle - BSA Imp Model D
    Pistols: Webley Seniors - Webley Juniors - Beretta 92FS - Cobra Crossbow

Quote Originally Posted by chip View Post
    Sorry to get back on topic.

Has anyone got a copy of Decembers AIR GUNNER, if so turn to page 21.

Regards chip
    I think it is intended to mean dispatch of live trapped vermin, (Rats, squizzers etc) For which it would be ideal. As for hunting vermin with a pistol (even +6fpe) it's a no no because of accuracy issues (for most of us anyway )