Thread: Police pistol comp

Police pistol comp

Hi Guy's & Gals,

I went to play with my 357-6 this afternoon.
    I had to re-zero the darn thing as it got knocked out when at the meet (hence only 3 golds and not 4)

Once I thought I had it done, I shot my entry for Jims PP Comp.

I do so enjoy this comp, its such a challenge for me

Will do it with an Auto-Style tomorrow if I get chance Thinking of really pushing it and having a go with my P23 although reloading will be a pain Im then thinking of trying with the R-77 as I reckon I can reload that and shoot it in the time allowed.

Who else am I up against this month and what you shooting? Im hoping for more competition this month.

Jim, my score for my 357 will be with you shortly

All the best

Tony
    UBC Secretary & Web-Manager
    THL Marksman of the Year 2010
    (Airgun Section)

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom Sniper View Post
    Hi Guy's & Gals,

I went to play with my 357-6 this afternoon.
    I had to re-zero the darn thing as it got knocked out when at the meet (hence only 3 golds and not 4)

Once I thought I had it done, I shot my entry for Jims PP Comp.

I do so enjoy this comp, its such a challenge for me

Will do it with an Auto-Style tomorrow if I get chance Thinking of really pushing it and having a go with my P23 although reloading will be a pain Im then thinking of trying with the R-77 as I reckon I can reload that and shoot it in the time allowed.

Who else am I up against this month and what you shooting? I'm hoping for more competition this month.

Jim, my score for my 357 will be with you shortly

All the best

Tony
    I'm in Jim's comp. Shooting S&W 8" with red dot.

Just like all comps it seems easy until you get halfway through the stage and have to tune your shooting skills.

Managed to get them all on the target so far

Just a tip for you, don't practice too much, have a couple of beers first and when the sights and the target start swaying together, synchronise them and break the shot Just like Lee Marvin in Cat Ballou

Good luck Tony, atb Phil

I never shoot at paper when I'm at home without a couple of cans of Stella for sustanance

Tony
    (Airgun Section)

I really want to enter this month, but it i can only shoot when both my neighbours are out. As i live in a small terraced house and if someone next door sneezes i say bless you

If i do get a chance it will be with my 6" smith open sights.
    All though i dont hold out much hope of winning as practice is limited.

Regards chip
    www.hwownersforum.freeforums.org

Jim McArthur is offline Frock coat wearing, riverboat dwelling, southern gent
    Hope you can shoot the comp this month, Chip.

So far we have Phil, and Tony. Wo's leading so far: who knows....

Jim
    UBC's Police Pistol Manager
    "Nasty, noisy things, revolvers, Count. Better stick to air-guns." Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure of the Mazarin Stone

Jim McArthur is offline Frock coat wearing, riverboat dwelling, southern gent
    Jan and I are pretty well backed up this weekend ourselves.

I'm off work on Tuesday (a national holiday called Veteran's Day: it originally was called Armistive Day, marking the end of hostilities in World War I), so will be able to shoot then, weather persmitting.

Jan will probably shoot it next weekend.

Jan
    UBC's Police Pistol Manager
    "Nasty, noisy things, revolvers, Count. Better stick to air-guns." Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure of the Mazarin Stone

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom Sniper View Post

Who else am I up against this month and what you shooting? Im hoping for more competition this month.
    Me!
    This month I shall be competing taking a full 30 shots with both PPK/s and Zastava.
    I started warming up on Saturday with the intention of submitting the PPK/s score. I was shooting off the old CO2 bulb so I'd compete with a fresh'n but had a few jams and then got sidetracked so didn't actually do it.

I wante dto shoot again today but its tiddled down and its windy as hell, so no chance today here! will do it tomorrow if weather improves although were down for heavey rain in the mid day region

You may well beat me this time going by the scores I submitted with the 357 Crud scores!

TTFN
    Tony
    (Airgun Section)

We've just been hit by a mutha of a weather front, so that'll be heading your way, looking at the jet stream.
    I shoot indoors, I've got about 9 yards from my kitchen through to the back wall of the bathroom, but my limitations are whether the house is warm enough and the time of day. Got oldies on one side and a young family on the other so try to keep it before 7pm. I'm sure the noise doesn't pass through 3ft thick stone walls as both pistols are quiet but err on the neighbourlyness.

Quote Originally Posted by Crabbet View Post
    We've just been hit by a mutha of a weather front, so that'll be heading your way, looking at the jet stream.
    Oh yes its here winds gusting up to 40mph and lotsa rain

Tony
    (Airgun Section)